Page 1 of 1

levaquin antibiotic

Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:58 pm
by sean1979
There has been lot of discussions about antibiotics here. I have been on h.pylori treatment with antibiotics without having h.pylori and like many its only during the duration of the treatment I had relief. Let me also say that levaquin has been the most effective antibiotic for me.

Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:09 pm
by DRASTIC
Sean1979,

When were you on this antibiotic?????

Are you taking any now????????????


Drastic

Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:12 am
by iva
Drastic,

didn`t u take antibiotics after the tonsillectomy? I took a combination of metronidazole+amoxycilln for 5 days and the positive effect seems to last even after, which has never happened before ( bb would come back the day after I had stopped the antibiotic).

Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:28 pm
by DRASTIC
Hi iva,

No, in UK, some hospitals dont give antibiotic after surgery. Who knows I might have some infection from surgery but they still dont give antibiotics.

I didnt get any antibiotics after my tonsillectomy last month.

I so hate those people at the hospital. I think it would have made a huge difference. Because who knows how many of the bad bacteria probably got into my wounds while they were healing. Antibiotics would have prevented this.

WEll apart from that my throat isnt in any pain or red or anything its fine.

Drastic

Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:17 am
by halihope
I have taken levaquin to treat a virus called KB and sure did not take my bb away :x

Drastic did taking out your tonsils helped any?

Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:40 am
by DRASTIC
Hi Halihope,

it helped somewhat in that poop tonsil stones gone.

But, still have another smell- more like coming from stomach though.

Drastic

Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:22 pm
by iva
Hi, Drastic,

it`s really weird that u haven`t taken any antibiotics after the surgery...I suggest u find a way to get the HP treatment (PPI+2 antibiotics; metronidazole is too good not to try it). In case the doctor is not willing to prescribe anything, maybe s.o. can get the antibiotics for u from abroad. U really deserve to make the difference and to benefit from antibiotics. As I mentioned, I made a huge progress from my 1.improved oral hygiene + 2.increased the dosage of Nexium + 3.Metronidazole+Amoxycillin. I don`t know how it happened, but now I am able to communicate almost normally and get only slight reactions :-k

Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:40 pm
by DRASTIC
Thanks iva,

You are right. Antibiotics would have made a difference for me.

But, I will have to work hard to convince my new GP. That old man dont seem convinced somehow that anything is wrong with me.

Iva, how long have you been on the triple therapy? Days? Week?

Any reations.

drastic

Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:07 pm
by iva
Hi, Drastic

hope u convince the doctor u need antibiotics.
I am not really on the triple hp terapy. I am taking the ppi for my gerd and the antibiotics were my idea, I took them for 5 days but there seems to be a positive effect (been able to talk to two people face to face about 50 centimeters away without ANY reaction; and whenever I do get a reaction, its not that strong..)

Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:12 pm
by DRASTIC
Hi iva,

I havent got back the results of my stool test as yet. I am waiting for it - I am going to call the GP on Wednesday to find out.

I hope to get the results and hopefully speak to him about getting some antibiotics. If I dont then I will just have to live. Nothing else I can do.

Drastic