Discovered something new.
Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:40 am
Ok so I was reading through an ayurvedic book I have here, and according there are like 36 diseases of the nose. One of them is called puti-nasya or (Ozena). according to this book.
"Swelling of the nose, foul odour, discoloration and vertigo,"
"the aggravated doshas (including blood, NiS) which are localised in the throat and uvular region of the palate (talu-mula) will be eliminated by the action of the aggravated vata, in the form of a foetid discharge, (SS). "
It says, "The oil medicated with kantakari, danti, vacha, sigru, tulasi, trikatu and rock salt can be used as a nasya for relieving puti-nasya."
Nasya means you drop it into the nose. Interesting. I have an nasya oil with vacha in it, but none of the other herbs. If I have to make oils out of those rare herbs, which might be hard to attain I will. Or I might go to India and seek out an advanced ayurvedic practitioner.
I went to my doctor (well actually a new doctor, didn't like him very much) and said, I might had Atrophic Rhinitis(ozena), he had never even heard of it before, I had to show him on wikipedia. Its no wonder few are getting cured of their bad breath. Western doctors knowledge of disease is very limited.
I will go through these ayurvedic books and search out possible diseases we haven't looked at or heard of yet.
"Swelling of the nose, foul odour, discoloration and vertigo,"
"the aggravated doshas (including blood, NiS) which are localised in the throat and uvular region of the palate (talu-mula) will be eliminated by the action of the aggravated vata, in the form of a foetid discharge, (SS). "
It says, "The oil medicated with kantakari, danti, vacha, sigru, tulasi, trikatu and rock salt can be used as a nasya for relieving puti-nasya."
Nasya means you drop it into the nose. Interesting. I have an nasya oil with vacha in it, but none of the other herbs. If I have to make oils out of those rare herbs, which might be hard to attain I will. Or I might go to India and seek out an advanced ayurvedic practitioner.
I went to my doctor (well actually a new doctor, didn't like him very much) and said, I might had Atrophic Rhinitis(ozena), he had never even heard of it before, I had to show him on wikipedia. Its no wonder few are getting cured of their bad breath. Western doctors knowledge of disease is very limited.
I will go through these ayurvedic books and search out possible diseases we haven't looked at or heard of yet.