My Adventures In BB Land!
Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:27 pm
Heeya All!
This is my first post and i would like to share my story. For some reason, i feel optimistic today so i won't dwell too much on self pity, negativity, and depression I experienced for the better part of my entire life.
First, I'm a 24yr old male living in some shithole country. I've had BB for 13 years and counting.
Ive had a normal life until the start of my 6th grade (11yrs old) when i contracted BB from whatever hell it came from. Before this, i was one of the noisiest and most active in my class. I was an extrovert and very sociable kid who can talk comfortably with anyone (even authority figures). My parents would tell me stories where i sang or danced for guests and visitors in our home without being told to.
Fast forward to 6th grade when i began to notice I've been having prolonged BB, the kind that won't disappear even after brushing my teeth. I admit i had terrible dental hygiene before acquiring BB. I shrugged it off but then people began to notice too.The first ones to notice were my sisters, i would often blow in their faces and ask them if my breath stinks..., and you already know the answer. My parents suck and they won't tell me to my face (until now, they act as if i have no BB). After this, my NORMAL life, as i knew it, ended.
A new era began. A never-ending battle with anxiety, depression, fear, and shame. In 6th grade, i was still thankful because despite having BB, i had a 'gang' or 'troop' of friends who i can talk to and have fun with. Despite this, i began to suffer the inevitable consequences of having BB as a youngster.
I'll just list some embarrassing moments in 6th grade and high school:
1. My seatmate asking me if i can smell the bad air. (we were talking in our dialect and the 'bad air' was also in our dialect, and i really understood what he meant)
2. I was forced into a catholic organization (boy's chapter) by my father and i was made president (by virtue of my father also being the president of the main adult chapter). Whenever there was a new initiation, my 'colleagues' would often tell the new recruits: "Do you want to know who ate the Shit?!" over and over again. Of course they were referring to me.
3. Never had a date, despite my good looks (hehehehe). I did have 3 girls asking me to dance on our prom night (as if its something to be proud of).
4. Classmates joking around its easy to treat BB, just brush your teeth! (yeah, they were jokers in the truest sense of the word)
These are just some incidents i remember. I'm sure some of you had experienced things like these too, or even worse. Different experiences, same ego-killing results.
Flash forward to college and i thought i would begin a new life. Oh how naive can i be! Leaving home to pursue my education in another place did not of course solve my BB. Same shit, different place. I thought i will make new friends. Yeah i became independent, in fact i became too independent i became a loner. I was afraid to talk to anyone within 3 feet of me. I was 'happy' going to malls alone, watching movies alone. I'm always eating alone and when i see other college students in groups, it just tugs at my heart because deep down i wanted to be part of them, and i know i can be part of them (sans the BB).
Because of depression, other physical symptoms appeared. Some of my hair turned white! My hands became sweaty, and my face would sweat a lot whenever i feel trapped. Even when its cold, sometimes i was the only one sweating inside some church. I was attracted to some girls, and i feel some of them were also attracted to me (lol), but nothing happens because when i started opening my mouth, BOOM! The End! The saddest thing i can say about my college life is even though i made some happy memories (most of them are bad of course), i have no pictures to remember them for. See, i always get jealous when i see picture albums of people together. I don't have any picture albums with friends to show.
On to graduation, and taking the board, and now a working professional, i still have....tadaaan...BB! The things that are happening to you in the office are also happening to me! Again, i thought i would start a new life back home. Again, without treating the problem, the same old shit.
I forgot to mention, i confessed to a total of....1 person that i have BB. That person is my father. In my teens, i was always moody and antagonistic towards my parents. To the extent that my father nearly punched me once. When i dropped out of college (yes i returned), my father corralled me and we had a 'heart to heart' talk. I confessed to him everything, but then told him i was already cured (hahahahahha). He seemed to believe it, and since then he adopted a policy to generally leave me alone. Of course he can't resist sometimes, and he would 'invite' me to join his organization. My mother also generally ignore that i have bb, but sometimes she would buy BB products (all she knows is listerine, or some toothpaste claiming to remove bb) and leave them in my room.
You know, the sad thing is in our society or maybe in every society, most people don't tell what they think about you to your face. I always have fits when people give hints i have bb in front of other people. Why can't they just tell it to me and be done with it. I know i have bb, no need to be shy about it! (on second thought, why don't i just tell them i know my breath stinks hehe)
Anyways, one day i decided to go on and find a cure (yeah i tried most of the standard 'solutions' in the past, mouthwashes, therabreath, tongue cleaners, etc.)...
I mean, the cure of all cures! How heavenly is it to wake up everyday knowing i don't have BB anymore! So i browsed the net and finally came upon this site. The first 'cure' that actually worked was HYDROGEN PEROXIDE! It was so effective, i did not feel that i need to register here and tell my story (sorry).
It worked so well i was too stubborn to accept my BB returned after about 3 weeks or so.
Onto the next 'cure', and the one I'm trying out now is BAKING SODA. The problem is i was so elated with the HP thing i am now becoming paranoid if this new one works or not. I feel my mouth is cleaner, and when i do the wrist test, i don't smell anything but its as though my mind 'wants' to smell something!
In ending, i know BB sucks. Its one problem that is capable of driving someone to s*****e. I thought about wanting to die but never thought about how to do it. Nowadays, whenever i feel down, i just think of all the people having it worse than me. Sometimes its not enough, but at least it puts me in the proper perspective.
I believe that someday a cure for us will be found. Maybe its within our lifetime or maybe not, but cast it in stone, A CURE WILL BE FOUND!
PS. i'm not a native english speaker so my grammar is not top-notch... also my articulation...
also i have one burning question:
How come i only met one person who has chronic bad breath in my entire life? This person was my classmate in 4th grade (I don't have bb then). I used to tease him about it because every time i talked to him, i smell this godawful stench! When i met him in 6th grade, i don't detect anything at all!
This is my first post and i would like to share my story. For some reason, i feel optimistic today so i won't dwell too much on self pity, negativity, and depression I experienced for the better part of my entire life.
First, I'm a 24yr old male living in some shithole country. I've had BB for 13 years and counting.
Ive had a normal life until the start of my 6th grade (11yrs old) when i contracted BB from whatever hell it came from. Before this, i was one of the noisiest and most active in my class. I was an extrovert and very sociable kid who can talk comfortably with anyone (even authority figures). My parents would tell me stories where i sang or danced for guests and visitors in our home without being told to.
Fast forward to 6th grade when i began to notice I've been having prolonged BB, the kind that won't disappear even after brushing my teeth. I admit i had terrible dental hygiene before acquiring BB. I shrugged it off but then people began to notice too.The first ones to notice were my sisters, i would often blow in their faces and ask them if my breath stinks..., and you already know the answer. My parents suck and they won't tell me to my face (until now, they act as if i have no BB). After this, my NORMAL life, as i knew it, ended.
A new era began. A never-ending battle with anxiety, depression, fear, and shame. In 6th grade, i was still thankful because despite having BB, i had a 'gang' or 'troop' of friends who i can talk to and have fun with. Despite this, i began to suffer the inevitable consequences of having BB as a youngster.
I'll just list some embarrassing moments in 6th grade and high school:
1. My seatmate asking me if i can smell the bad air. (we were talking in our dialect and the 'bad air' was also in our dialect, and i really understood what he meant)
2. I was forced into a catholic organization (boy's chapter) by my father and i was made president (by virtue of my father also being the president of the main adult chapter). Whenever there was a new initiation, my 'colleagues' would often tell the new recruits: "Do you want to know who ate the Shit?!" over and over again. Of course they were referring to me.
3. Never had a date, despite my good looks (hehehehe). I did have 3 girls asking me to dance on our prom night (as if its something to be proud of).
4. Classmates joking around its easy to treat BB, just brush your teeth! (yeah, they were jokers in the truest sense of the word)
These are just some incidents i remember. I'm sure some of you had experienced things like these too, or even worse. Different experiences, same ego-killing results.
Flash forward to college and i thought i would begin a new life. Oh how naive can i be! Leaving home to pursue my education in another place did not of course solve my BB. Same shit, different place. I thought i will make new friends. Yeah i became independent, in fact i became too independent i became a loner. I was afraid to talk to anyone within 3 feet of me. I was 'happy' going to malls alone, watching movies alone. I'm always eating alone and when i see other college students in groups, it just tugs at my heart because deep down i wanted to be part of them, and i know i can be part of them (sans the BB).
Because of depression, other physical symptoms appeared. Some of my hair turned white! My hands became sweaty, and my face would sweat a lot whenever i feel trapped. Even when its cold, sometimes i was the only one sweating inside some church. I was attracted to some girls, and i feel some of them were also attracted to me (lol), but nothing happens because when i started opening my mouth, BOOM! The End! The saddest thing i can say about my college life is even though i made some happy memories (most of them are bad of course), i have no pictures to remember them for. See, i always get jealous when i see picture albums of people together. I don't have any picture albums with friends to show.
On to graduation, and taking the board, and now a working professional, i still have....tadaaan...BB! The things that are happening to you in the office are also happening to me! Again, i thought i would start a new life back home. Again, without treating the problem, the same old shit.
I forgot to mention, i confessed to a total of....1 person that i have BB. That person is my father. In my teens, i was always moody and antagonistic towards my parents. To the extent that my father nearly punched me once. When i dropped out of college (yes i returned), my father corralled me and we had a 'heart to heart' talk. I confessed to him everything, but then told him i was already cured (hahahahahha). He seemed to believe it, and since then he adopted a policy to generally leave me alone. Of course he can't resist sometimes, and he would 'invite' me to join his organization. My mother also generally ignore that i have bb, but sometimes she would buy BB products (all she knows is listerine, or some toothpaste claiming to remove bb) and leave them in my room.
You know, the sad thing is in our society or maybe in every society, most people don't tell what they think about you to your face. I always have fits when people give hints i have bb in front of other people. Why can't they just tell it to me and be done with it. I know i have bb, no need to be shy about it! (on second thought, why don't i just tell them i know my breath stinks hehe)
Anyways, one day i decided to go on and find a cure (yeah i tried most of the standard 'solutions' in the past, mouthwashes, therabreath, tongue cleaners, etc.)...
I mean, the cure of all cures! How heavenly is it to wake up everyday knowing i don't have BB anymore! So i browsed the net and finally came upon this site. The first 'cure' that actually worked was HYDROGEN PEROXIDE! It was so effective, i did not feel that i need to register here and tell my story (sorry).
It worked so well i was too stubborn to accept my BB returned after about 3 weeks or so.
Onto the next 'cure', and the one I'm trying out now is BAKING SODA. The problem is i was so elated with the HP thing i am now becoming paranoid if this new one works or not. I feel my mouth is cleaner, and when i do the wrist test, i don't smell anything but its as though my mind 'wants' to smell something!
In ending, i know BB sucks. Its one problem that is capable of driving someone to s*****e. I thought about wanting to die but never thought about how to do it. Nowadays, whenever i feel down, i just think of all the people having it worse than me. Sometimes its not enough, but at least it puts me in the proper perspective.
I believe that someday a cure for us will be found. Maybe its within our lifetime or maybe not, but cast it in stone, A CURE WILL BE FOUND!
PS. i'm not a native english speaker so my grammar is not top-notch... also my articulation...
also i have one burning question:
How come i only met one person who has chronic bad breath in my entire life? This person was my classmate in 4th grade (I don't have bb then). I used to tease him about it because every time i talked to him, i smell this godawful stench! When i met him in 6th grade, i don't detect anything at all!