My road to the cure
Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:29 pm
In 2005, after college I finally got the nerve to go to the dentist. Before then I was too embarrassed to go b/c i didn't want the docs thinking I never brushed my teeth. Anyway....When I went I was given a really nice dental assistance. She said she couldn't smell anything and that all I needed was deep cleaning and removal of my wisdom teeth.
$800 dollars later and about a year later the problem was the same. She recommended cleanings every 3 months, use a tongue scraper and a visit to the ENT.
ENT said he couldn't smell anything (I think they're all lying, because I get completely different reactions when I'm around others) He recommended that my tonsils be removed because he could see coating from post nasal drip and that this could possible be causing my bb.
$2,000 later the problem still exist. The ENT suggested that I go to a GI specialist, maybe i have acid reflux. I took the barium swallow test and still nothing. They couldn't find anything wrong with me. Oddly enough I really wanted them to find something wrong with me. At least I would know why this horrible thing is happening to me.
Two surgeries later and a lot of money spent I finally ventured out on my own to find a cure. This how I found this site. My hygiene routine consist of flossing, water pik, brushing with baking soda and soaking my tooth brush in peroxide. I don't use mouthwash because it seems to make the bb worse. While searching online. I added another routine rinsing with salt water and pure lemon juice. I also take probiotic capsules 3 times a day. The probiotic capsules seem to make the nasty taste in my mouth go away, along with the lump in my throat and chest. The bb is still there. However with the combination of my hygiene routine rinsing with salt and lemon juice and taking the probiotics I think the stench has lessened, but just a little. I also forgot to mention that I'm a big cereal eater. I read that I could be lactose and don't even know it, so I've cut out a lot of dairy even tho I still have cereal maybe once or twice a week.
$800 dollars later and about a year later the problem was the same. She recommended cleanings every 3 months, use a tongue scraper and a visit to the ENT.
ENT said he couldn't smell anything (I think they're all lying, because I get completely different reactions when I'm around others) He recommended that my tonsils be removed because he could see coating from post nasal drip and that this could possible be causing my bb.
$2,000 later the problem still exist. The ENT suggested that I go to a GI specialist, maybe i have acid reflux. I took the barium swallow test and still nothing. They couldn't find anything wrong with me. Oddly enough I really wanted them to find something wrong with me. At least I would know why this horrible thing is happening to me.
Two surgeries later and a lot of money spent I finally ventured out on my own to find a cure. This how I found this site. My hygiene routine consist of flossing, water pik, brushing with baking soda and soaking my tooth brush in peroxide. I don't use mouthwash because it seems to make the bb worse. While searching online. I added another routine rinsing with salt water and pure lemon juice. I also take probiotic capsules 3 times a day. The probiotic capsules seem to make the nasty taste in my mouth go away, along with the lump in my throat and chest. The bb is still there. However with the combination of my hygiene routine rinsing with salt and lemon juice and taking the probiotics I think the stench has lessened, but just a little. I also forgot to mention that I'm a big cereal eater. I read that I could be lactose and don't even know it, so I've cut out a lot of dairy even tho I still have cereal maybe once or twice a week.