Has anyone tried active chlorine dioxide?
Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:11 am
I've been doing a bit of research on why antibiotics can't kill off bacteria in the mouth or elsewhere in the oral cavity area and sinuses, and have found a possible answer in the form of 'biofilms'. 'Biofilms' appear to be very sophisticated colonies of different types of bacteria, both free and anaerobic that live in our oral cavities, and who protect and speak to each other !! What chance do we have if bacteria communicate with each other
Have a read of the information on biofilms on the links below. The presence of 'biofilms' may explain why bad breath returns following a course of antibiotics. There is a bit in the 'latimes' article that mentions about the lifecycle of biofilms and how groups of cells detach and set up new 'biofilms' elsewhere. In my case, this could explain the sinus infection, continuous blocked nose, pnd, eustachian tube blockages, white tongue etc.
Frontier Pharmaceutical Inc. claim that their DioxiRinse mouthwash helps to remove 'biofilm' on the tongue. I think it may also treat candida albicans yeast infections of the mouth. It contains active chlorine dioxide unlike some mouthwashes like Profresh and CloSYS that apparently contain stabilized chlorine dioxide in the form of sodium clorite which is believed to have very little in the way of chlorine dioxide.
I have ordered some Dioxirinse along with the toothpaste to see if it works for me. The mouthwash is probably the most expensive item I've ever bought in my aim to erradicate this problem ($19) but it's worth a try. I'll let you know the outcome as soon as I receive it and start using it. It may be a while as orders take a little while to get to the middle east.
Here are some of the websites that I have looked at.
http://www.dentalcarestamford.com/pdf/D ... ofilms.pdf
http://www.c3-jian.com/pdfs/news-llatim ... -stamp.pdf
http://www.frontierpharm.com/
Have a read of the information on biofilms on the links below. The presence of 'biofilms' may explain why bad breath returns following a course of antibiotics. There is a bit in the 'latimes' article that mentions about the lifecycle of biofilms and how groups of cells detach and set up new 'biofilms' elsewhere. In my case, this could explain the sinus infection, continuous blocked nose, pnd, eustachian tube blockages, white tongue etc.
Frontier Pharmaceutical Inc. claim that their DioxiRinse mouthwash helps to remove 'biofilm' on the tongue. I think it may also treat candida albicans yeast infections of the mouth. It contains active chlorine dioxide unlike some mouthwashes like Profresh and CloSYS that apparently contain stabilized chlorine dioxide in the form of sodium clorite which is believed to have very little in the way of chlorine dioxide.
I have ordered some Dioxirinse along with the toothpaste to see if it works for me. The mouthwash is probably the most expensive item I've ever bought in my aim to erradicate this problem ($19) but it's worth a try. I'll let you know the outcome as soon as I receive it and start using it. It may be a while as orders take a little while to get to the middle east.
Here are some of the websites that I have looked at.
http://www.dentalcarestamford.com/pdf/D ... ofilms.pdf
http://www.c3-jian.com/pdfs/news-llatim ... -stamp.pdf
http://www.frontierpharm.com/