Page 1 of 1
After getting my dental cleanup...
Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:09 am
by Green
So, if you did or didn't already know, I had to get deep cleaning for gingivitis. Anyway, I did about 8 days ago. It was pretty painful. So far, my bb has decreased a little bit more and my nasal odor has too. But just a little--frankly, I can't even tell if it did sometimes because after eating, it turns bad again. Other than a small bit of PND, I really don't have any problems now--yet I still have nasal odor and still have bb...So I really don't know what to do...maybe I should keep waiting ( after all, it's only been 8 days and I have experienced some noticeable improvement. And bb and nasal odor took years to develop--surely I can't expect it to disappear in a week.) Also, my gums have some clearly dark purplish color in some places so I still don't know if gingivitis is fuly gone ( although my teeth rarely bleed when I brush anymore). Anyway, I must admit I'm very dejected!

I thought that this would be the cure to my problems =(. But it doesn't seem to be. And worse, now I'm worried that the damn PND may be the cause for bb not going away and I hate myself for trying that nasal irrigation that started it. Anyone know what I should do from here??? ( p.s. any way to destroy PND also?)
Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:17 am
by halitosisux
Hi Green,
The noticeable improvements of your BB are a good sign. Give it time to heal, the bleeding may have reduced, but the gums need time to adhere themselves back on and seal things off on the microbial level. Follow all the advice you were given to assist this process.
The fact your problems took years to develop, sounds like the process of such a disease developing.
Fingers crossed now.
Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:43 pm
by Green
Hey Sux,
You're definitely right. I think, as time goes by, that my gums will return to that healthy pink color. Mine still has those dark-purple patches which are still characteristic of gingivitis. Sux, I have a question. What do you mean when you say, " ...The gums need time to adhere themselves back on and seal things off on the microbial level"?Please explain. And another thing Sux. I know that the color of my gums means I still have gingivitis ( because a dark-purple color is an indication of halitosis). However, since I don't have much bleeding anymore or the plaque ( because of the deep cleaning), how will the anaerobic bacteria feed themselves?
p.s. How are you doing yourself?
Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:35 pm
by halitosisux
Hi Green,
I'm doing great ty and thanx for asking.
Sorry if i've sounded confusing in my previous reply. What i tried to say is that while you have gingivitis the gum has literally been peeled away from the tooth by the gradual buildup of calcified plaque, creating a breeding ground for bacteria and hence odourous chemical production. Now that this plaque has been scraped away and the inflammation of the gum eventually subsides (the purple halos), they will gradually begin adhering back onto the teeth eventually sealing that area off from germs. It takes a while for this process because they are held on by tiny fibrous strands which need to reform.
Im not too sure what you mean in your last part regarding the anaerobic feeding, but im guessing you are wondering why anaerobic bacteria are still producing BB when your bleeding appears to have stopped? If my first paragraph made any sense it should answer that question. The BB odourous chemicals are coming from inside those breached gums, so let them heal and see.
Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:39 am
by Green
Allright thanks a lot Sux. It makes sense because my gums are still not attached to my teeth. Hopefully, with time, extirpating gingivitis is my cure...After all, there has been a reduction in nasal odor and bad breath