Page 1 of 1
Nasal odours and possible new insights
Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:42 pm
by halitosisux
I received an PM today from a kind friend on here who doesnt have much time to come on, so i'm opening a new thread on her behalf on a subject which i've never seen mentioned on here before (apologies if it has).
Its about very stong odours from the nose when people sneeze. I wonder if this has anything to do with the nasal odour which many seem to suffer with and whether it might offer some insight to anyone.
Here is a link which shows many examples of people who experience this. It also discusses saliva gland/duct infections and this is something else i've not seen mentioned on here and is a possibility for some.
http://answermethis.wordpress.com/2007/ ... ffliction/
Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:36 pm
by Snobuni
Hmm, very interesting. I suffered alot from nose bleeds as a kid, like so bad that my mum was ripping up bed sheets to stop the flow and I ended up in hospital a few times.
Infected salivary glands might be something to mention when I go for a second opinion at the ENTs. I do notice that when I produce saliva and it runs across my tongue, it tastes awful, I was wondering if this was due to the saliva touching my back teeth, infected glands could be another reason, worth looking into.
Posted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:05 am
by halitosisux
I'd heard of infected saliva glands causing BB before, and those swollen bumps near the ear that some people on that site were reporting were weird. I can feel the glands they are talking about (i think) but they are not swollen - could be swollen lymph glands due to an infection nearby somewhere. If i can catch some "pure" saliva mine doesnt smell at all. Does yours Snobuni? On that subject, my saliva doesnt smell at all now, i can lick my hand and i cant detect any odours at all, apart from a tiny bit when i wake up, which is normal - this was not the case before.
I've also never come across anyone who makes these bad odours only when they sneeze neither.
Posted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:55 am
by Snobuni
Hey Halitosisux,
I'm not sure how I'd go about catching some pure saliva. It only seems to be the glands in the top of my jaw that are producing this bad taste. As I mentioned, I was thinking that my back teeth could be a problem because as these glands are located behind the back molars, they could be picking up crap from these teeth, but now I think infected salivary glands could be a possibility too, mainly because when I've rubbed around these teeth there's no smell.
About the sneezing odour thing, my partner's sneezes are awful, they smell REALLY bad, but he doesn't have bad breath. I'm not sure what that means or how it relates to chronic bb. If I only smelled bad when I sneezed I would think I'd died an gone to heaven!!!!!! lol

Posted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:13 pm
by halitosisux
Yeah this is why i made this thread because its so weird how odour gets released like this only when sneezing. I thought that maybe it could give some clues as to WTF is going on with such powerful nasal odours some people have. Might be because its other sinuses infected or sinuses which are suddenly opened up when sneezing. Could even be a sign its lung adenoids or esophegal related.
And yes its amazing how much those people on that website are affected by this odour, and yet its only when they sneeze - they are lucky.
Regarding catching saliva, try pulling your cheeks open (facial cheeks i mean lol) and crush some orange or lemon nearby to get that saliva flowing, and catch some in a dish. Will be interesting to hear your results if you manage.
Posted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:06 pm
by Snobuni
lol!!!!

I'll give the cheek think a go tomorrow.
Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:33 am
by the end
how about trying to kill halitosis at every angle
(mouth rince, grapefruit seed extract,colin cleaing, gluten diet, and whatever eals that`s out there
Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:59 am
by meowkity1
I think my nose smell offends peole more than open mouth. And mints only make the smell travel farther like it give it a boost. Peole sneeze and rub when their 10 ft away with my mouth closed