Page 1 of 1

My expectations of grapefruit seed extract have been a FLOP

Posted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:50 am
by OdourFree
I ordered GSE because I'd read when used as a sinus irrigator its antibacterial, antifungal etc. properties helped others control their bad breath and reduce PND. While waiting for GSE to arrive I used tea tree oil and water as a nasal irrigator and this did help a lot. The PND and bad taste reduced, and nose became unblocked which was a great relief at night, but the smell remained.

When the GSE arrived I used it immediately and for a couple of days after, which is enough time for it to start working. What happened ? The PND, blocked nose and bad taste returned with a vengence. So I've gone back to using tea tree oil as I believe its antibacterial, antifungal and anti-everything else is much better than GSE.

GSE has been reduced to the back of the drawer until I find another use for it. Another wasted purchase ](*,)

Posted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:59 am
by DRASTIC
odourfree,

Thanks for letting us know about the grapefruit seed extract.

Atleast others can be aware and make informed decisions.
Personally, I have never used this one before.

Thanks.

Posted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:44 pm
by elliott
GSE, TT oil... I think both are myths. But I don't believe the cure will be that simple anyway.

Posted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:55 pm
by iva
GSE made my breath worse...

Posted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:57 pm
by OdourFree
I've not for one moment thought that GSE or tea tree oil would cure my bad breath problem, just reduce it to a level that I can enjoy a semblance of normal life, rather than feeling that I have to hide myself away like a leper.

But I do think the cause is simple - I know it's staring me in the face but I just can't see it at the moment (even after 16 years of visiting every relevent medical discipline lol), and hopefully the cure will also be simple.