Hi,
I have bb associated with post nasal drip, often thick clear secretion from my nose or somewhere in my throat. If the stuff sticks around I get really bad breath that smells like crap.
I have been using two drugs lately, guaifenesin and N-acetycysteine (NAC). Guaifenesin is used to treat chest congestion and loosens mucus. NAC is suppose to breakdown mucus by cleaving bonds that hold mucus together. When I take them both my mucus is noticeably thinner and feels like i'm producing watery saliva, esp. when I chew gum. I still get thick secretion sometimes while on the meds that seems to happen when I'm stressed out. I have gotten fewer reactions while on these meds and coughing up the mucus doesn't smell as bad. These drugs are available over the counter at the pharmacy or health food store (eg. GNC) and have few side effects. It may help you with your bb. Try them or if you have tried these meds please let me know if they did anything for you.
Guaifenesin:
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/drug ... 82494.html
NAC: is an older mucolytic drug not used in US or Canada. In north america, it is used as a supplement to slow muscle fatigue so you can find these at health food stores or nutrition stores.
THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
Guaifenesin and NAC
-
Jimi Stein
- Site Admin
- Posts: 2212
- Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:00 am
- Gender:
- Contact:
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.