THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

What kind of smell?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
klif
Newbie
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:32 pm

What kind of smell?

Post by klif »

Hi blue firends :) ... (:()

I was wondering, if anyone knows, what kind of smell is related with part of organism. Like what kind of smell is there if we have problem with tonsils (I have a larger amount of streptokok's in tonsils)...
...then what kind of smell is about if there's problem with wisdom teeth, stomach, throat... And can I know if I have problem with wisdom teeth, and smell coming from them, by touching them and then smelling it? Same thing with tonsils, tongue... what kind of smell should it be if I lick my wrist? -of course if problem is there?
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

Hi Klif,
Quite a good question to ask because if different problems created unique smells then it might help lead people to their particular causes.
The trouble is that foul smells are not easy to describe. Certain chemicals have unique odours, but these breath problems tend to be combinations of different chemicals. This flaw in our ability to descibe odours might also mislead. The description of tonsil stone odour seems universal, and saliva odour is usually described as having a vinegar hint to it.
It would be interesting to hear what people's descriptions are for their different odours, since most descriptions are described as "fecal" or "shit" or "crap" but i wonder whether that just to emphasise foulness.
Anyway, my tonsil stones used to smell of farm manure and my tongue used to smell of a pollen-like odour. My widsom tooth (area) used to smell of a mixture of tonsil stones and the general sort of flossing smells.
wnaysha
Master
Posts: 253
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:30 am

Post by wnaysha »

Hi klif,

Hali's right, there r just so many chemicals that its hard to find out what exactly the smell is like and where is its coming from. It is personally hard to smell ur own breath, but I can sometimes smell it when it comes out of my stomach.

From my experience, most of the ppl with bb that I have met with, had bb that smelled like Shit, i mean literally, n it was related to constipation.

ppl with acid have a mixture of constipation + as halitosisux said vinneger like, strong, rotten parsely like smell.

ppl with morning breath have bb of a mixture of constipation + flossing smell, but most of it goes away after brushing, taking shower, n eating breakfast.

Disgusting :-& ](*,)
klif
Newbie
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:32 pm

Post by klif »

Thanx halitosisux & wnaysha on replies!

I realised when I touch my wisdom teeth, or tongue, that it smells only on saliva, like some stronger smell of saliva... nothing like shit, farm smell... So does that excluding problem wtih wisdom teeth, mouth in generaly? Hmmm maybe I'm so long in bb so that I can't recognize, or feel that bad smell, even when touching teeth or tongue... I don't know...

And, I don't know, new here, do you know about that test, when you shut your mouth and strongly bleed air trough nose? So if there's bad smell, problem is not in mouth.

Now, that's something that you all know :oops:
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

Klif,
If any area around your teeth and gums, apart from areas which trap debris like between teeth, seems to be producing odours (as opposed to just becoming odourous due to another source such as the tongue) then investigate the possibility you may have some problems. Wisdom teeth particularly need very careful consideration because of their position which makes them difficult to reach, leading to possible stagnation and decay, but more so because the human jaw is gradually evolving into a much smaller size because of the softer foods we eat compared to our ancestors and there is less room for our wisdom teeth to erupt correctly when they do erupt, leading to obvious problems.

I wouldnt rely on any self-tests for BB itself. If you know you have BB then start by ruling out teeth and gums. Then ensure you have no nasal/sinus problems. Make a list of what you know you need to rule out and stick to it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗