Page 1 of 3
nose air wors than mouth
Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:13 am
by meowkity1
Has anyone else had worse halitosis from nose than mouth? How come people sneeze when there way across the roo. And I do like Breath rx mints (thats the only product), but its so minty, that it just makes my nose air travel farther. My son is always rubbing his nose. I ask him does it stink or does it just tickle? He said it tickles. I wish so bad I could smell what everyone else smells. I know I have bb beacause my tongue is white in the back and I can taste it. But what the hell could be coming from my nose, that can fill a whole room, and make people leave. In the good days I could just keep my mouth closed and I could make it through a Christmas gathering. Next year I wont be going. Why must we suffer. Honestly I would rahter have cancer or something else undetectab;e, that I could keep a secret. This is absolutely the worst thing ever.Has anyone tried to burn thier tongue ? Iv even thought of clipping each tongue hair 1 by 1. They are long. I bet hats part of my problem. I know once I drank some really strong alcohol, the next day the alcohol had burnt the white right off. My tongue was pink. I thnk I'll do that again.
Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:38 am
by NYConfused
you are very irrational in your thinking. dont do anything crazy, because if a cure for bb does come out, you will just be the girl with no tongue. you said you used to be able to "get by", but now its much worse. are you sure one of the products you are using may not be the cause? something similar happened to me. I started using hydrogen perioxide in my nose (with water) and for a while i thought it was helping. at this point people started reacting very negatively towards my smell, closed mouth and all. which got me to believing my BB was always this bad, but i was just noticing it now. I was too caught up that i ddint realize the HP was causing the reactions. I used it for a while and when I stopped using the HP, my problem became a lot more "manageable". i would suggest you drop one or all of the products youre using for a little while and see if you notice an improvement...and if not, drop another one. afterall, you say its worse than before, so what do you have to lose?
Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:17 am
by GettingBy
Wow, I'm having the same problem. It seems as if an odor is coming from my nose. I really can't smell anything, but I notice my nose every morning is always kind of stuffed. Sometimes when I sneeze, I can detect a light smell. Everywhere I go, when I come around, people rub their nose or sniff, or make comments. I don't know if it allergies or what, but it happens everywhere I go. I used to think it was my body odor, but when I asked a relative, he disagreed. I notice that when I hold my breath from breathing out my nose, I don't see anyone covering their nose or rubbing it. I also have a problem with bad breath which I think is linked to some stomach problems I have at the moment, but that's another story. I am currently using a Neti Pot, but I really don't see a difference. I'm currently a sophmore in High School, so this is really hard to go through every day on the bus, in class, and lunch.

Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:14 am
by NYConfused
GettingBy wrote:Wow, I'm having the same problem. It seems as if an odor is coming from my nose. I really can't smell anything, but I notice my nose every morning is always kind of stuffed. Sometimes when I sneeze, I can detect a light smell. Everywhere I go, when I come around, people rub their nose or sniff, or make comments. I don't know if it allergies or what, but it happens everywhere I go. I used to think it was my body odor, but when I asked a relative, he disagreed. I notice that when I hold my breath from breathing out my nose, I don't see anyone covering their nose or rubbing it. I also have a problem with bad breath which I think is linked to some stomach problems I have at the moment, but that's another story. I am currently using a Neti Pot, but I really don't see a difference. I'm currently a sophmore in High School, so this is really hard to go through every day on the bus, in class, and lunch.

i used a neti pot to clear out my sinuses, which i THINK helped. i THINK that when i was actively using it, however, it would leave an odor. so my suspicion was that it helps clear the sinuses which would help my bb, but actively using it would give off an odor as well. so right now i dont use it (for a month or so), but i am sensing my sinuses getting clogged so i may use it for a few days to clear up again.
were u getting the same reactions before you used the pot? if your sinuses are now clear, try stop using it for a week maybe and see if there is any difference.
Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:53 am
by meowkity1
for the past 3 days I have been using the neti pot with 2 packs of solution. Its greaat for unclogging, but I dont know a bout clearing out the bacteria. So far people are still reacting from across the roo. My thera breath nasal spray just came. Im on day 1. IT could be in my head but I feel with neti and thera spray, my nose seems fresher. For my mouth I use everything there is and as Im sitting here typing, Im wondering when wil my mouth stop tasting like rotten eggs. It seem s when I wake up its not so bad, But then I scrape the mucus off, and the gasses just release. When breath rx came out I was so happy. Not. Its so minty that it really just makes your breath travel farther. Even my son says he can smell the mint through my nose. He says it smalls good. But I know its a mixture of mint and poop.
Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:11 am
by OdourFree
meowkity, I had a rotten egg/metallic/pooh taste in my mouth for years and when I breathed through my nose (and mouth) I smelled like a sewerage drain Always felt that there was a lump at the back of my throat that i couldn't clear and had difficulty breathing through my nose especially at night. The pnd was something I thought I would have to live with.
Recently, I mentioned to my ent that I had a slight pain in my cheek and xrays revealed a sinus infection I honestly didn't know I had. A course of antibiotics and Flixonase nasal spray cleared it. ( I tried other nasal sprays in the past to get rid of the mucos but they didn't work for me.) I have to make sure to keep my nasal passages clear and I do this with a few sprays of tea tree oil and water every night. I suffer from GERD as well which causes a lot of mucos to form in the throat and nasal areas and I take a Nexium some mornings to manage that.
Now the rotten egg/metallic taste and that yucky smell from my nose have gone and I have very little mucos. I assume it because the bacteria have less mucos to feed on and give off VSC's which I also believe causes the disgusting taste.
Unfortunately the pooh smell is still there in my mouth and I'm pretty sure it is due to bacteria in my teeth/gums which will hopefully be sorted out soon.
Perhaps if you try sorting out your mucos problem first and get that under control, then you can work out where the anaerobic bacteria is breeding. Have you been checked for a sinus infection?
Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:05 pm
by meowkity1
Some one els e just mentioned I could have a sinus problem. My mucus is a little green. But no pain or headached. Im going to make an app. Because I think you 2 are on to something. I would love to get this smell out of my nose. Then if I cant get it out of my mouth atleast I could keep my mouth closedlike the good old days. The smell through my nose has only been the past 5 months. It was wierd because I all of a sudden realized people were reacting when my mouth was closed. Then 1 day I sneezed. I could smell it as it shot out. Basically I farted through my nose
Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:51 am
by meowkity1
I went to docs today. I told him I have sinus infection, 1 symptom is bad smell out of my nose. He agreed. Im on antibiotic, and nasonex, So anyone sufering from fart nose, if this works, I will boldly post it. I pray to GOD this works from me. If it helps get my nose fart under control, That will be half my problem cured. Sometimes Im able to get my tongue pink and clean but then I can taste fart coming from throat. Ill need to buy something that can trickle down throat. Katz makes a solution that you let trickle down throat and you swallow it. Its worth a shot. I do use his toothpaste because its the only thing thats not so minty. So I guess I cant say I hate him like everyone else. All those mint paste and wash are so strong they just make your breath travel farther. Breath Rx claims to be the best. Not. I do like there mints though.

Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:08 pm
by meowkity1
Thanks odorfree
I give you the credit. You gave me the idea of the sinus infection, and I charged straight to the docs. They gave me antibiotic and flonase also. It could be in my head but I swear it seems like my nose fart is already getting better.I thought of this before, but I thought if I had an infection I would probably be in alot of pain. So I never went.Although my snot has been greenish for a few moths. And as I was going to docs I remembered I was having sllihjt pain in left cheek. But it wasnt that bad.. I have alot of hope that this is truly going to help me. Thanks so much Odorfree....xoxo
Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:41 pm
by Green
Hey there guys, my question is for meowkitty. I, too, feel as though my nose odor is due to a sinus infection or problem. I've used neil med's sinus rinse and mucinex spray for a few days--they help reduce the smell, so I know if a SINUS spray and rinse are working, then clearly the smell is coming from the sinuses...(I think). ANyway, meowkitty, I'd like to know how long did it take for the docs to appoint you the flonase and antibiotics. Did they perform scans of your nose first? What did you tell them ( I sort of want to know so that I could prepare for whatever I should say myself.) Also, I don't seem to have any pain in the face but I do experience a semi-stuffed nose and of course, the nasal odor: is it possible then for me to have a sinus infection?
Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:58 pm
by Green
just another question to meowkitty ( I know, a lot of questions, but I have to ask). Did you visit the regular doctors or an ENT? I want to know because I want to know if I'll have to wait to get the flonase and antibiotics from an ENT or if the doctor can just prescribe them
Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:49 am
by OdourFree
meowkitty, sorry I can't take all the credit. I'm only passing on my experiences and tips from others on this forum such as halitosisux, Drastic, snobuni etc., etc.
Keep us posted. xxx
Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:27 pm
by wnaysha
Hi meowkitty,
i'm having the same problems, and to tell u the truth I think here's whats causing this whole thing,

I think its constipation, have u ever smelled a constipated person's breath?

I think that the reason why it comes out of our nose is that when we breathe, the diaphragm presses the lungs to help it inhale and exhale, while doing that the diaphragm also presses the stomach, and the smell of digested food in stomach comes up and gets out of our nose, making it smell like fart as u said "nose fart" lol

Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:28 pm
by OdourFree
F***ing hell wnaysha, are you for real?? On your recent 'common sense cure' post you said, and I quote
"when u eat something, it goes in ur stomach to get digested, then moves down to ur intestines, it stays there for a very long period of time, n since intestines keep absorbing the water n nutrients from that food ur body sometimes overdoes the absoption n it keeps absorbing the smelly sh*t, so that smell goes in ur blood n ur lungs when u exhale that smell comes out of ur blood with CO22".
and you are now saying
" I think that the reason why it comes out of our nose is that when we breathe, the diaphragm presses the lungs to help it inhale and exhale, while doing that the diaphragm also presses the stomach, and the smell of digested food in stomach comes up and gets out of our nose, making it smell like fart".
You appear to be 'clutching at straws' and I hate to say this but I have found some of your bb theories very confusing, and if I was a new sufferer I'd be running around in circles.
Give meowkity a chance to see if the antibiotics etc. work before putting another idea in her head. And if you have a new theory why don't you open a new thread for others to read and comment on. Someone may have some evidence relating to your diaphragm idea.
Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:37 pm
by meowkity1
Wanaysha. Just to tell you I have been constipated for the past 5 years. They told me I would get diahreah with antibiotic but Im not getting any softer. Im trying natures best detox pills. Im hoping this will help me also. My nose smell seems to improve but sometimes it smell like chemicals from flonase. Although I dont believe My bb is from constipation because it originally started fom a bad tooth. My filling fell out. No insurance. This tooth tasted like pure poop. I didnt get it pulled for 2 yrs. By then I think it messed up my oral flora. This is exactly when my tongue started to turn white. Back then I didnt even know there were tongue scrapers. If I wouldve kbnown it was going to f******k up my mouth so bad I wouldve pulled it myself. I had a drink last night, and Im sure everyone knows that can set all your progress back a whole week. Of course I regret it this morning.