THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

carafate suspension

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
sneezeeffect
Newbie
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:59 pm

carafate suspension

Post by sneezeeffect »

has anyone tried this? they prescribed it to my mom after she had food poisoning a while ago. it's supposed to help heal the ulcer in your stomach. i remmeber i had food poisoning a while back but never went to the doc.

as you may know stomach ulcer can be cause bb.
wnaysha
Master
Posts: 253
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:30 am

Post by wnaysha »

hi,

no I haven't used it myself but in my case Nexium reduces bb a lot, so anything to cure the ulcers n damaged tissue in stomach, esophagus would help reduce bb. I recently found aloe vera juice very helpful, it tastes very bad, but i can take anthing to stop bb. n do u need prescription to get that or is it otc?
iva
Master
Posts: 295
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:26 pm

Post by iva »

wnaysha wrote:hi,

no I haven't used it myself but in my case Nexium reduces bb a lot, so anything to cure the ulcers n damaged tissue in stomach, esophagus would help reduce bb. I recently found aloe vera juice very helpful, it tastes very bad, but i can take anthing to stop bb. n do u need prescription to get that or is it otc?
So, u are sure your bb is caused by the stomach?
Sorry I wrote that before reading the more detailed explanations. According to 3 out of 4 doctors reflux can`t actually cause bb..
wnaysha
Master
Posts: 253
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:30 am

Post by wnaysha »

hi iva,

yes, most of my problem is caused by stomach, b/c when i'm hungry n the acid comes up my esophagus it just damages the whole esophagus, n it hurts a loooot, in fact my throat is so red right now b/c my acid reflux was a lil out of control last night, I have neither taken my prevacid for 4 days not taken my aloe vera juice. anywayz Acid reflux causes post nasal drip to protect my esophagus from getting damaged by the acid n that makes my bb worse. i'm also using BreathRX mouthwash, toothpaste, n tongue spray with scraper, Its really good n s also helping me with dry mouth problems, but I need to do something to stop my acid reflux. I sometimes feel like i'm choking. hhhh, but when i spend some time in taking care of myself n eating healthy food n all of that stuff my bb decreases, but when I eat spicy stuff it gets worse.
iva
Master
Posts: 295
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:26 pm

Post by iva »

Hi, wnaysha

thankyou for the reply. Do u take anything else but prevacid? I`ve been taking nexium for the last three months but it seems to do little or nothing for my bb (although I am sure my bb is somehow caused by acid reflux)..
wnaysha
Master
Posts: 253
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:30 am

Post by wnaysha »

Iva,
Thank God There is someone that understands me [-o< to keep it under control I eat yogurt, drink milk. Using stong toothpastes, mouthwashes, mints n gums makes my AR worse.

Do u also have constipation problems? I'm asking u this question b/c I have been talking to ppl about this, n trying to compare their problems to learn more about bb, I don't know if u have noticed or not most of the ppl with bb have the same health problems, maybe we should make a survery n ask everyone to participate to find out health problems we all have in common. Then we know what health problems cause bb, n what exactly we can do to solve it. in COMMON SENSE CURE! i have written most of the reasons i think cause bb, n unfortunately halitosisux disagrees with me b/c I think AR causes bb. he sometimes makes me question why he comments so much n supports going to the dentist so much, when they always tell me that they have no idea whatsoever about my bb.

anywayz, now that we have this site to use, we should use it as much as we can to cure bb.

tnx jimi for the site :D
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

wnaysha the reason why i comment about going to the dentist so much (as you put it) is because many people on here have had this problem for a LOT longer than you have and have tried all your remedies, and more. I happen to have discovered a dental problem which turned out to be the cause of my BB. I could so easily have spent my whole life going round in circles with remedies which might have helped my BB, but would never have cured it, had i not been fortunate enough to identify it for myself.
Dental issues which might cause BB are extremely common, and even a dentist's best intentions may not have the bacteriological expertise to identify them, as happened in my case. That's the only reason why im emphasising how important it is to rule out any potential dental issues with absolute certainty.
Of course BB may be due to many other reasons, particularly the sinuses or the consequences of esophegal disorders - I have never questioned that. But in the same way, these possibilites can also be dismissed due to lack of expertise or imposed lack of willingness and priority to deal with such a "harmless" problem. People then come away feeling lost, dejected, trapped and disillusioned, resorting to anything that might alleviate the symptoms and give some hope.
iva
Master
Posts: 295
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:26 pm

Post by iva »

Wnaysha,

I have always been regular, no constipation.
I have been trying to understand the connection AR-BB. Three out of four gastroenterologists told me though AR cnannot cause BB.
I feel acidity changes mouth environment and leads to anaerobic bacteria overgrowth, which in turn causes BB. I shall try to discuss this with the gastroenterologist; yesterday a microbiologist told me she didn`t believe the acididty in the mouth could be as high as to disturb the flora, but I believe this is possible.
THERE SHOULD BE A REASON FOR THE ANAEROBIC BACTERIAS` OVERGREOWTH, BECAUSE WHETHER U HAVE SINUSITIS, ROTTEN WISDOM TOOTH, PHARINGITIS, ACID REFLUX OR WHATEVER, IN THE END ANAEROBIC BACTERIA CAUSE THE PROBLEM.
The big questin for me is how to change that; obviously one cant`t take antibiotics for a long period of time; maybe smth to keep the level of bacteria low and smth else to repopulate with good bacteria+treatment of the main reason..
Right now I`m trying chlorhexidine digluconate mouthwash and lozenges with Lacidobacillus bulgaricus+Streptococcus thermophilus. I`ll be taking them for a longer time, but I doubt this will solve my problem.
wnaysha
Master
Posts: 253
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:30 am

Post by wnaysha »

Iva,

ur right it is the bacteria, and in our case since AR is causing it we should
:arrow: first take meds like prevacid, n nexium which we r taking right now to stop AR,
:arrow: second to clean the whole digestive system n heal it, we should eat light food + take something like intestinal detox tablets or aloe juice,
:arrow: then take something to repopulate the good bacteria like yogurt. so what ur saying makes sense to me, because doing these things has helped me alot, I mean when I do these things my bb can't be detected, n just goes away.

The only thing I'm looking for right now is a good and healthy intestinal detox tablet treatment, there r some that also help u lose weight, but I don't need to lose weight cz i'm already skinny.
iva
Master
Posts: 295
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:26 pm

Post by iva »

Wnaysha

I agree 100% with u, it`s good to know so understands.. Do u believe AR can be stopped? Today I got the results from the anaerobic bacteria examination and it proved the microbiologist had never seen such a "clean" from microbiological point of view mouth. So it can`t be the mouth, the AR remains...
The only time I had real low bb was when I was fasting (I know it`s not very good for the health, but the hell with the health when I can`t live my life like a normal peron due to bb) and taking nexium. I`ll start fasting again from 1 March+Aloe vera (suppose liquid is better)+lactobacillus bulgaricus and streptococcus thermophilus+chlorhexidine mouthwash. Alas, this can`t be one`s routine forever.
I`M SO SICK OF IT ALL. GOD HELP ME SPEND THE REST OF MY LIFE LIKE A NORMAL PERSON!
wnaysha
Master
Posts: 253
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:30 am

Post by wnaysha »

Ameen!!!

This thing has truely made us religious, lol,

I'll start my diet too, actually i'll just start it right now! let me know how that works out for u. Good Luck!
iva
Master
Posts: 295
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:26 pm

Post by iva »

Thank u wnaysha,
good luck to u too!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗