Page 1 of 1

IgA Deficiency

Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:40 am
by TeamZissou
Has anyone here been tested to see if they are deficient in IgA? There have been a number of threads with good evidence suggesting this as a cause, but I haven't read of many being tested for it. I'm considering getting tested myself, though i'm not sure what good knowing would do, because there really isn't much you can do for it.

Some tried colostrum for that reason awhile back, though I don't remember many being cured that way.

Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:15 am
by halitosisux
Hi TeamZissou,
I never had this tested. You would think such an obvious possibility could be ruled out once and for all by research into BB. And like you say even if the answer was known and was a factor there probably isnt much that can be done about it.
Sorry to change the subject, but how did you get on with HP therapy?
Its interesting how some people get very positive effects with metronidazole (even if its only temporary) and some dont. Could suggest that those who get good benefit only have an oral issue causing the BB (as i had) and those who dont have something more complicated, such as the sinuses or stomach disorder. This is all assuming there was no resistance to metronidazole in the first place, but i've taken it several times and it always had a very powerful effect on my BB.

Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:42 pm
by TeamZissou
Hey Halitosisux,

I didn't cure the problem. It may have changed what it smells like a bit, and for the better actually, and it may have reduced it to some degree. It's hard to tell though. I know it isn't gone completely, or even close.

It also made the coating on my tongue worse. I wonder if that could be fungal overgrowth from so many antibiotics. I remember you saying that happened to you.

Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:06 pm
by halitosisux
Yeah, dont worry too much about this whiter coating, its very usual to get that when taking antibiotics and it will clear within a few days. I read something today which mentioned that newborn babies usually have oral thrush when they're born, and as soon as bacteria begin to populate and battle it out with this fungus, a healthy balanced flora of fungus and bacteria develops, which in time also forms in the intestines.
That makes me think that this whole concept of bacterial overgrowth or fungal overgrowth must be relating to some factor and not merely from taking antibiotics which kill good bacteria for a while and temporarily throw any flora balance in the mouth or the gut. Factors such as immune disorders or immuno-suppression or compromised people such as AIDS patients who are susceptible to thrush and sudden bacterial infections, for this reason.

Fungus is always present everywhere, including inside the sinuses, but it doesnt usually cause any problem. One major factor which can allow fungus to become a problem in the sinuses (and possibly elsewhere in the body) is allergic reactions to fungus. Many people are allergic to molds and penicillin which are both fungus if im correct.
I was reading about this too, how those with such reactions are also found to have (recurring) nasal polyps and asthma. Reading about this subject is fascinating because so many of the dietary improvements to BB that many people on here seem to have reported, like not eating grains/rice etc, have been found to affect this allergic response to fungus. If this isnt mere coincidence then it might be worth anyone with nasal odours to look into this further.

Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:12 pm
by halitosisux