Page 1 of 1
Does anyone have blastocystis?
Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:13 pm
by ElGrizzle
I have had Blastocystis hominis show positive in stool samples every time. Flagyl, or metrinodazole used to treat blastocystis and H.pylori, gets rid of my bad breath. I still tested positive for blastocystis after finishing the antibiotics, and am doing more.
Re: Does anyone have blastocystis?
Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:16 pm
by sharon
Do you know how do people get this disease?
Never heard of it.
ElGrizzle wrote:I have had Blastocystis hominis show positive in stool samples every time. Flagyl, or metrinodazole used to treat blastocystis and H.pylori, gets rid of my bad breath. I still tested positive for blastocystis after finishing the antibiotics, and am doing more.
Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:54 pm
by ElGrizzle
Its a parasite just like worms, but its microscopic and sticks to the intestinal wall. Scientists are unsure wether it causes any symptoms or not unless there is a complete overgrowth. I have read that most people already have blastocystis.
Lets say somebody scratched there but and then handled your food, then you could probably get it.