Page 1 of 1
SMALL INTESTINE BACTERIAL OVERGROWTH
Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:38 pm
by ElGrizzle
Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:31 pm
by OdourFree
Certainly 'food for thought'. For as long as I can remember I've had low iron levels - unexplained, of course. Perhaps there is a malabsorption problem going on in the duodenum but god only knows if it's connected to my bb problem. I have a hiatus hernia and have been using proton pump inhibitors (Nexium) on and off for the past two years (i've been a bb sufferer for 16 years). I know how they reduce the much needed acid in the stomach so I only take them when the indigestion and pain become uncomfortable.
I'm adding it to my list of possibilities as I work my way down from the sinuses and eliminate them. Still on the teeth

Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:35 am
by iva
Odourfree
how did u get diagnosed with hiatal hernia?
That has always been among the the first things each new gastroeneterologist has examined me for, when complaining of BB.
Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:55 pm
by OdourFree
iva
I had an endoscopy about 15 years ago and again last year. I actually have a video recording of the second endoscopy examination which shows a very clean and healthy looking stomach - well apart from the hernia. Obviously with the hernia I'm susceptible to reflux which does cause a sour taste in my mouth but my gastro insists that reflux does not cause a bad smell. Well who knows but I'm not going to let that stop me from investigating the stomach again if I need to.
OdourFree
Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:34 am
by iva
Odourfree
u have been only to one gastro? Doesn`t he suggest an operation or u can insist if u are sure that`s the only cause for BB..
Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:01 pm
by OdourFree
iva
Over the 16 years I've had this problem I've seen 4 gastroenterologists. The last 2 have said that they would not recommend surgery because it can cause more problems than it's worth. All of the gastros have said that reflux does not cause fecal bb. I've also read more negative reviews than positive ones by patients who have undergone surgery, so I wouldn't insist on an operation to mend the hernia unless I was 100% positive that it is the reflux causing the smelly breath. I know people who suffer from reflux and none of them have bb, so it's a complete mystery at the moment.
The search goes on

Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:11 am
by wnaysha
odourFree,
will u let us discuss abt our problems? that is the only way we can find a cure, we need to talk abt our problems n see what we have in common, once we find the reason its not hard to find the CURE!
If u don't have AR problems then SHUT THE F UP AND LET US TALK, CZ WE DO.
Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:53 am
by OdourFree
wnaysha
Your post has completely perplexed me
I think it is only through discussion with others with the same problem that we are able to find the various causes of bb, therefore I'm at a complete loss as to why you think I'm trying to stop people from discussing these causes.
For your information, I suffer a great deal with acid reflux because I have a hiatus hernia. In case you don't know a hiatus hernia causes the esophagal sphincter to remain open all the time thus allowing the continuous free flow of acid into the esophagus, throat and sinuses.
When I say that all of the gastros that I have seen are adamant that reflux does not cause fecal bb, it is just that, they the professionals are saying it because as I said in my previous post it's a mystery to me. Not only is it a mystery, it is also confusing because I know lots of people who suffer with reflux and not bb. One thing I can be sure of is that my burps and reflux do not smell or taste bad - therefore what is causing the fecal taste and smell? Well i think only our experiments and discussions with others will allow us to determin that.
So my question to you is what part of my previous post has caused you so much irritation? Perhaps you misunderstood it?
Anyway I thought you said you were cured??

Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:23 am
by wnaysha
odourfree,
its so nice to see u reply so fast to my comment, BUT why do u have to insult me on what my opinion is and what i think about my bb.
u have either read too much and don't know what i have said, or u have memory problems, wtvr the it is, if u have acid relux and almost all us do, then why do u always try to contradict what i say and convince ppl its not their sotmach. In fact me, halitosisux, and iva found out that this relux and smell could be caused by bile in digestion. if u don't know anyting and wats going on in our lives, and how much we r suffering, then don't say anyting and don't convince us believe ur distracting ideas.