Page 1 of 1

So what's happening?!

Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:34 am
by Leonardo
Granted I only came across these forums today, but having read through as much as possible for the last 4 or 5 hours, I have become more confused and possibly more disheartened than ever before.

You have people like oceanside who say they have cures, when it turns out not to be true. Then they disappear. In fact, I reckon that guy was delusional. And now Jimi hasn't posted for weeks and it would seem he is just getting pissed off with every one and wants to finish with the site.

So please all the active members on here use this thread to post a brief summary of what you have found or what you are looking into, then perhaps as a team we can get back on track.

My 2 biggest concerns in finding a cure are:

1. That the problem of BB comes from so many different sources. A universal cure is therefore near impossible.

2. That any cure is only a temporary solution and simple tasks such as eating bring BB back instantly.

Those are just a few very basic thoughts of mine.

BTW just as a side note, has any one here tried Yakult? I see their adverts on TV quite a bit... Here is their website:

http://www.yakult.co.uk/

Oh and I recently saw a documentary about China where the guy was visiting a local doctor. He said that a white tongue was caused by an unhealthy stomach. Any confirmation on this? I really feel true halitosis requires more than just some bad bacteria in your mouth... It must be generated from some where more serious or vital such as your stomach.

Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:24 am
by asd
'1. That the problem of BB comes from so many different sources. A universal cure is therefore near impossible. '

Yes a universal cure doesn't exist. That is like saying that there is no universal cure for not being able to walk, because it could be causes by loss of a leg of paralyses of the legs. Thats not the best example in the world, but what I am trying to say is that BB is a symptom, not the disease itself, so therefore you have to deal with each case on its own.
Ultimately, don't look for a universal cause, look for yours. If you find it and adress it, thats another succesful method for sufferers to try.

'2. That any cure is only a temporary solution and simple tasks such as eating bring BB back instantly. '

Well, your not cured if that happens. You are just masking the symptoms for a short time. If you get your fetid tonsils out, then you are curing yourself, and eating food isnt going to make them grow back.

As for the China thing, well that is probably somewhat correct. Because many say that the flora of the mouth reflects that of the stomach, because they are both part of the same canal. However, the sort of bacteria we are looking for are much more likely to be over populated because of a localised infection somewhere much nearer.

Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:13 am
by halitosisux
I agree with you there asd, apart from the last part.
Lets not forget that everyone has the potential to have BB from the bacteria they already have if their mouth becomes dehydrated, for example during the night which gives just about everyone BB until saliva gets flowing again.
From what i have read, certain organisms of bacteria become present in the mouth only in the presense of certain disease or infection within its proximity, resolving once that has been dealt with. That bacterial presense could be a BB factor in itself, but far more likely to be due to the odour production FROM that local disease/infection, contaminating the surface of the tongue with these odours.

Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:32 am
by wnaysha
hi Leonardo,

When we all sufferes have stomach problems, why do ppl like odourfree try to convince us its not caused by stomach? I just don't get why in every single post they r telling us its not caused by stomach, when we know it is. WHY CAN'T WE TALK ABOUT IT? CAN U PLZ LET US TALK AND FIND A CURE HERE? I'M JUST TIRED OF SEEING U EVERYWHERE CONVINSING PPL TO KEEP SUFFERING,

FIRST OF ALL,

it is just so hard to find out the cause, then after woking on finding it, n trying to smell urself when u can't, someone comes and just shatters all of ur hard work, JUST BCZ THEY DON'T HAVE THAT PROBLEM. WELL U KNOW WHAT WE DO HAVE STOMACH PROBLEMS AND WE WANT TO TALK AOBUT IT AND CURE THIS DISEASE, SO SHUT UP IF U DON'T HAVE STOMACH PROBLEMS, GO COMMENT SOMEWHERE ELSE WHERE PPL HAVE UR PROBLEMS . ](*,)

Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:31 am
by phineas
Wnaysha,

Stop using all caps. Your posts don't make any sense as it is, and the caps aren't helping your cause. Beyond that, you continually contradict yourself, and you ignore cured BBers like hali and asd, who's bb DID NOT originate from their stomachs. They are simply trying to make sure everyone considers all possible culprits. Don't be so close-minded.

Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:50 am
by wnaysha
phineas,

no i'm nnot @ all, I am not talking about asd or halitosisux, halitosisux is starting to believe it can be from stomach btw, plus i never knew asd was cured. cz it always seems like he is a sufferer. it is disgusting that whenever someone like leonardo or me or everyone else here tries to say something aobut stomach problems just a few members r always online and checking everything to make sure ppl r distracted and try to convince them to go spend money, come and insult us. while we all can discuss about our problems and find a true cure.

why r we BEING distracted when there is a site made by Jimi, so that we can discuss? I am mad bcz i went and did a tonsillectomy, spend a lot of mony, time, not just my own but my whole family's just because some stupid people claim that they r cured by things that don't work, and at the same time don't let us speak about our problems and always insult us because we believe in discussion and finding a cure.

Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:59 am
by OdourFree
wnaysha, I think you got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning (or maybe it's evening where you are and someone has kicked you out of their bed 'cause your breath stinks!!).

Just to set the record straight for the sensible people on this site who are capable of reading posts in the context they are delivered - I have never, on any of my posts, tried to convince people that the stomach or intestinal tract is not the cause of bb. All I say is what gastros have continuously said to me that reflux itself does not cause fecal breath, but I do know it definitely causes a sour taste and smell. I know this because I suffer daily with reflux, contrary to what wnaysha would have you believe, that I don't have a reflux problem.

There is bacteria that reside in the stomach, H pylori which is a well know cause of not only ulcers but also bad breath - if I didn't believe that why would I have asked to be tested for this bacteria during my last endoscopy examination? Which incidently was negative.

If I didn't believe that an overgrowth of bacteria in the small intestine was a potential cause of bb why would I be investigating this now - you only have to look at my previous posts to find evidence of this.

wnaysha, I think your problem is that you are not correlating and understanding the information that people are posting on this site. You may be on the right track but some of your theories are a little extreme.

To play you at your own game, I'll repeat one of your posts:
wnaysha has claimed that 'we are absorbing 'shit' through our intestines, which then enters the blood and the smell comes out through the lungs'. I have said to her what gastros have told me, and which I strongly believe, if this was happening there would be more serious problems occuring in the body that would most certainly be detected by doctors.

wnaysha, you have to accept that not everyone's bb problem stems from the stomach, as is very evident from some of the cures posted on this site. So maybe you should stop telling people to forget about investigating their teeth and sinuses and concentrate on their constipation and stomach. You are guilty of diverting people away from finding the possible cause of their bb.

In future, I would appreciate it if you are going to demean my sincerity on your posts that you put my name in the subject title so that I have the opportunity to defend myself.

I have had access to this site for over a year and you are the only person I know that demeans individuals on posts that they may not even read. You have acted in this manner towards another contributor - what does that say about the type of person you are?

Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:42 am
by wnaysha
odourfree,

wow =D> u sound like such a nice person, thank u for insulting me for the past few weeks, and no i haven't posted that, that's someone else's post, i did say it was related to stomach and shit in it, because everyone described their breath smelled like shit, so yes it is related to it. it can be from stomach, intestines, coming out of our nose, blood, and mouth. it is true. and yes for ur info i also have sinuses and have disscussed about it in my posts.

if ur gona insult me on my post i am going to ask u to stop commenting, and what did i say wrong ha?

and don't turn this around, I'm asking u to let us talk about the problems we have, because everyoone's problems r different.