Your Email Address:

First Name:

I'm going crazy!

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Swe91
Total Newbie

I'm going crazy!

Post by Swe91 »

Hello!

I'm gonna make a long story very short and if you want more details just write and I'll respond.

I'm almost certain I suffer from Halitophobia and not the real deal. I got a comment 6 years ago and that fucked my world around. (I had poor dental hygiene that time.)

Since then I've got 2 more comments, both times alot of drinking and vomiting had taken place.

But I'm still afraid of breathing near other people. I belive I have a ****ing chronic breath problem when I probably don't. But I get so stressed up near people that my mouth becomes dry. In normal cases I do have a very good saliva flow.

Even thou my mouth becomes dry it doesn't taste that bad but i feel "unfresh". It's like a bad circle. I stress myself to a state where I might have bad breath. How do I get out of it?!!!

I'm 19 years old been going to CBT for this about 3 months but that's not helping since the dry mouth still is there. It's like I'm trying to find that saliva flow back and then things will be OK. Almost certain I would not be thinking about this then.

mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

Oh, how I wish I had your problem.

I always think about how I'm psychologically fucked, because of this BB, but sometimes, when I do get comfortable, feeling that my breath must be okay, I revert back into a normal social being.. Once I see my breath isn't bad, I get more open, more playful, I resume the life I use to live...

.. .Problem is, anytime I do get too comfortable, it turns out my breath wasn't so good afterall, and the subsequent reactions put me back into a dark place for a long while.

Why, just today a sweet girl was laughing about something as we were starting class.. The other girl (also a sweet kid) mentioned something about a weird smell.... Ugh.. I can't breathe near people... I can't speak.. I can't be normal. I want to talk to people without hesitation! It's killing me, literally I think. I mean, I know what it feels like for old people who have nothing to live for, so they let go.. I feel like that often.
deebo

Post by deebo »

CBT often uses 'exposures' . Like breathing near a stranger , or someone you trust like your Mom or little sibling . Not so to test your breath (which is likely great) but to practice your fear in an easy setting .

Of course there are dry mouth products and gum..etc but you are tackling phobia . Hoping to see good reactions even with dry mouth . When you do get no reactions with dry mouth ,over time you should get less nervous .

On the other hand there is us with Confirmed chronic breath ,who are trying to do similar CBT at times of bad reactions . So ,you can see that even with BB , the phobia part is what controls so many of us all.
Swe91
Total Newbie

Post by Swe91 »

mike987 wrote:Oh, how I wish I had your problem.

I always think about how I'm psychologically fucked, because of this BB, but sometimes, when I do get comfortable, feeling that my breath must be okay, I revert back into a normal social being.. Once I see my breath isn't bad, I get more open, more playful, I resume the life I use to live...

.. .Problem is, anytime I do get too comfortable, it turns out my breath wasn't so good afterall, and the subsequent reactions put me back into a dark place for a long while.

Why, just today a sweet girl was laughing about something as we were starting class.. The other girl (also a sweet kid) mentioned something about a weird smell.... Ugh.. I can't breathe near people... I can't speak.. I can't be normal. I want to talk to people without hesitation! It's killing me, literally I think. I mean, I know what it feels like for old people who have nothing to live for, so they let go.. I feel like that often.
Wow, that's very painful to read man. Sucks that I can't help you. I would if I could! :(

I can see where you're coming from. Even thou I can live a some how normal social life with friends and all that it's not even close to how it would be if my mind wouldent be so fucked up!

I've had girls lined up begging me to ***k them (litterally speaking) but I've been so afraid of my breath that I've rejected them all.

I remember this summer. I had a really confidence-boost some how and I was like "neh, my breath can't be that bad" and WOW! I became a new person. Much smoother, cooler, happier and all that. My saliva flow was at a ****ing peak and I couldn't notice ANY signals about my breath. Then the paranoia kicked in again and here we are!

Sorry for my english, I'm from Sweden!
Swe91
Total Newbie

Post by Swe91 »

deebo wrote:CBT often uses 'exposures' . Like breathing near a stranger , or someone you trust like your Mom or little sibling . Not so to test your breath (which is likely great) but to practice your fear in an easy setting .

Of course there are dry mouth products and gum..etc but you are tackling phobia . Hoping to see good reactions even with dry mouth . When you do get no reactions with dry mouth ,over time you should get less nervous .

On the other hand there is us with Confirmed chronic breath ,who are trying to do similar CBT at times of bad reactions . So ,you can see that even with BB , the phobia part is what controls so many of us all.
I know. I've been exposing myself and I don't get any effect from it. I've been been breathing 20 cm from strangers on the bus and I only feel anxiety.

I just want to find that self confidence-boost and let it kick in big time.
Prince

Post by Prince »

Heej Swe91
var i sverige bor du?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic