Discussion: I'm using antibiotics
Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:23 pm
Hi All,
I began a regimen of taking the following antibiotics yesterday in an effort to get rid of this bb problem: metronidazole and clindamycin, according to the following site: http://www.periodontaldiseasetreatmentguide.com/
I don't believe that I have periodontal disease but upon researching the aforementioned antibiotics closer, it seems they may have some effect on bacteria in other parts of the body (stomach, etc.).
Before starting the regimen, I did a bit of research on the internet about the efficacy of taking antibiotics to fight bad breath, and I mostly just found articles/opinions saying that it doesn't work, may help bb for a few days, then may make the bb worse, and have other detrimental effects on the body (candidia overgrowth, etc.). On the other hand, antibiotics are prescribed to millions every day for all kinds of ailments with I assume favorable results. Plus the regimen calls for taking the antibiotics 3 times per day for 8 days, which is fairly typical, so I'm not too worried about negative effects. Otherwise, desperate times call for desperate measures.
With all that said, I'd be curious to hear any comments, questions, criticisms, or opinions on this topic from members of this fine forum. Last, I'll keep ya all posted on my experience doing this. Hope everybody's doing okay and hanging in there.
Hank
I began a regimen of taking the following antibiotics yesterday in an effort to get rid of this bb problem: metronidazole and clindamycin, according to the following site: http://www.periodontaldiseasetreatmentguide.com/
I don't believe that I have periodontal disease but upon researching the aforementioned antibiotics closer, it seems they may have some effect on bacteria in other parts of the body (stomach, etc.).
Before starting the regimen, I did a bit of research on the internet about the efficacy of taking antibiotics to fight bad breath, and I mostly just found articles/opinions saying that it doesn't work, may help bb for a few days, then may make the bb worse, and have other detrimental effects on the body (candidia overgrowth, etc.). On the other hand, antibiotics are prescribed to millions every day for all kinds of ailments with I assume favorable results. Plus the regimen calls for taking the antibiotics 3 times per day for 8 days, which is fairly typical, so I'm not too worried about negative effects. Otherwise, desperate times call for desperate measures.
With all that said, I'd be curious to hear any comments, questions, criticisms, or opinions on this topic from members of this fine forum. Last, I'll keep ya all posted on my experience doing this. Hope everybody's doing okay and hanging in there.
Hank