Page 1 of 1

Salt, hydrogen perioxide, mouthwash experiment

Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:07 am
by ithurts
For the last few days at work, I have been experimenting with washing my mouth with Salt, hydrogen perioxide and mouthwash. Whenever I see that people are reacting to my bb, I would immediately mix salt with water or mouthwash and rinse my mouse with it. I would do this every 10 minutes and just go around and talk to people and see how they react.

I notice that it doesn't really help. Now, If my bad breath is coming from my mouth, it should at least relief my bb temporarily (5 minutes)? But it doesn't. I still have bb.

So it has to come from the throat or stomach. What does everyone think?

For those who have their wisdom teeth removed and was cured (halitosisux), before you had your wisdom teeth out, does washing your mouth give you temporarily relief?

I have PND but no infections. Is it possible to have bad breath without infections due to PND?

I have been to a GI and ENT a few times and too embarrassed to tell them about my problem. I'm getting my wisdom teeth out in a week. And if my bb is not gone by then, I'll ask my GI and ENT directly about it.

Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:41 am
by halitosisux
Could it be coming from your nose or your lungs?
You really need to find the courage to confide in someone, even if it is your doctor. I dont mean to offend anyone, but unless you do this you can never be sure whether you are imagining your BB or not.

Nothing i ever did could reduce my BB for long, only if i paid special attention to my particular wisdom tooth area was there any significant improvement. Chewing gum was my saviour, which makes sense now i found out where the odour came from because of its cleaning effect.

Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:50 am
by ithurts
I know I have a bb problem because my coworkers said so and I can see the way they react to me. Confirmation from best friends and parents.
Definitely not coming from my nose because the ENT took a CAT Scan and I have no infection. I do nasal irrigation twice a day(for allergies) and no improvement on breath.
I have a feeling it's coming from my throat or stomach.

Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:38 am
by iva
ithurts wrote:I know I have a bb problem because my coworkers said so and I can see the way they react to me. Confirmation from best friends and parents.
Definitely not coming from my nose because the ENT took a CAT Scan and I have no infection. I do nasal irrigation twice a day(for allergies) and no improvement on breath.
I have a feeling it's coming from my throat or stomach.
Ithurts, I can identify with everything u are saying. I also feel it coming from throat or stomach. Have u been to a gastroenterologist?

Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:38 am
by ithurts
Hi Iva,

Yes! I have been to a GI and also had an endoscopy. My GI said I have some inflammation in the stomach which is consistent with my Acid Reflux but no major problems. I didn't mention to him about my BB but I will when I come back from my wisdom teeth extraction and still no cured. I know it's a waste of money but man, it's hard to talk about it.
I'm just going to jump from doctor to doctor until I get a diagnosis. All I need is the courage to face this problem straight up.
Iva, what have you try? how many doctors have you been to?

Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:50 am
by ithurts
Lately, I have been eating very light food and also take acid blocker so I know it's not acid coming up.
I wonder if there are any rich/famous people with BB? If there aren't any with bb, it just indicates that they have found a cure for their problem.

Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:53 am
by ithurts
halitosisux, I'm curious and don't take it the wrong way.
Now that you're cured, why do you still spend so much time on this forum? Shouldn't you be out partying to make up those time that you missed due to bb?

Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:25 am
by iva
ithurts wrote:I'm just going to jump from doctor to doctor until I get a diagnosis. All I need is the courage to face this problem straight up.
Hi, Klif
once again I can identify with ur words 100%! And jumping from doctor to doctor is what I`ve been doing for the last 5-6 years.
Here is my statistics:5 dentists, 4 gastros, 2 ENTs, 2 microbiologists. Sure I forget something. And I am planning to continue jumping from doctor to doctor until I solve the riddle.
I`m also taking nexium but it does nothing for the bitter - sour feeling which I think is coming from my stomach, so I suspect reflux of bile. I am not sure this kind of reflux can be treated at all.

Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:02 pm
by ithurts
Iva,

How do you determine when to seek a new doctor?

pbs

Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:56 pm
by meowkity1
forget the salt. You should try peroxide and baking soda, Use your tung brush. Brush couple times with peroxide, and then dip in peroxide and the baking soda. Do it a couple of times, At the end dip in just peroxide and let it sit til it stings a little, after each dip and scrub, scrape tongue with just water on tung brush. You should notice each time you do the steps, your tongue gets pinker and pinker. I used to buy all those expensive things, And 1 time I read a blog by someone who paid for halitosis cure e book. It said use peroxide salt and baking soda.
The salt makes it nasty, but if I do those steps above over for about 5 minutes, Im so much better. It even eliminated the poopy smell.I used to spend 30-50 a month on products, so Im excited that this costs under 5, and better at the job.
Also dont use mint gum. Chew fruity. Mint travels farther, and it just smell like minty poo.

Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:28 pm
by halitosisux
ithurts wrote:halitosisux, I'm curious and don't take it the wrong way.
Now that you're cured, why do you still spend so much time on this forum? Shouldn't you be out partying to make up those time that you missed due to bb?
spend as long as i have with bb and find out it was due to a single tooth.. then ask yourself the same question.

Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:36 am
by ithurts
meowkity1, thanks for the advices but unfortunately, none of this stuff works for me when I have bb. It's so ****ing bad.
I had a deep cleaning on my upper teeth today and the rest on Monday. So far, no improvement on my freaking breath whatsoever.