BB treatment experiment: Bleach rinse and eat limes
Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:21 pm
Hey All,
I read on a site for periodontal disease that rinsing/gargling with a water/bleach mixture might kill some bad bacteria in the mouth. I've been doing this for about the past month with, I think, some limited success. I take a regular sized drinking cup, fill it with warm water and then pour a splash of bleach in there, mix it up, then rinse/gargle for about 1-2 minutes in the morning and before going out (when I go out) at night. I think the periodontal site advised to use a water/bleach mix (or grape fruit extract mix, which sounds healthier) with an oral irrigator/water pik. I also chew the peel off a lime before meeting friends. Anyway, I went out last night with a big group and didn't have any bad reactions from friends/co-workers. I really wish I had a breath smeller to confirm if it's working. Perhaps you do. Here's the weird thing though, I do still get bad reactions during the day at work, but not so much at night when I go out. Anyway, still suffering from this curse. Dreaming of the day I can have a face to face conversation with someone and not be consumed with the possible offense. Just trying my best to cope day to day. If you do this, please, please, please be careful not to swallow any bleach. And do some research on the possible ill effects to the body. It might be very harmful. And I know it sounds psycho, but I don't care. I'm trying anything and everything as long as it's reasonable and not overtly harmful. So far, I feel fine, and just happy to have some nights out without reactions.
Hank
I read on a site for periodontal disease that rinsing/gargling with a water/bleach mixture might kill some bad bacteria in the mouth. I've been doing this for about the past month with, I think, some limited success. I take a regular sized drinking cup, fill it with warm water and then pour a splash of bleach in there, mix it up, then rinse/gargle for about 1-2 minutes in the morning and before going out (when I go out) at night. I think the periodontal site advised to use a water/bleach mix (or grape fruit extract mix, which sounds healthier) with an oral irrigator/water pik. I also chew the peel off a lime before meeting friends. Anyway, I went out last night with a big group and didn't have any bad reactions from friends/co-workers. I really wish I had a breath smeller to confirm if it's working. Perhaps you do. Here's the weird thing though, I do still get bad reactions during the day at work, but not so much at night when I go out. Anyway, still suffering from this curse. Dreaming of the day I can have a face to face conversation with someone and not be consumed with the possible offense. Just trying my best to cope day to day. If you do this, please, please, please be careful not to swallow any bleach. And do some research on the possible ill effects to the body. It might be very harmful. And I know it sounds psycho, but I don't care. I'm trying anything and everything as long as it's reasonable and not overtly harmful. So far, I feel fine, and just happy to have some nights out without reactions.
Hank