Page 1 of 1

raw food diet

Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:48 pm
by booberry
I just started a raw food way of eating last week. No improvement in my bb yet, but I think it will take time.

I saw from reading back posts that some of you have gone raw with excellent results. Are any of you still raw? Is it still working? How long did it take to work?

Thanks in advance,
Boo

Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:50 pm
by Archimonde
Hello, i'm very glad to see there's somebody interested in pursuing this approach!

I've gone on a raw food diet 2 times in the past, this is my 3rd time. 1st time i lasted 3 months, 2nd time i lasted 4 months, from August to December 2008. At the end, my breath was ~50% to 75% better, there was no bad taste in my mouth at all, i actually thought i was cured judging from the taste, it was neutral but i still got some reactions from people :( I think my mouth was healed but my throat wasn't completly. I'm kicking myself for getting off the diet, it was around christmas and i couldn't resist those christmas log cake http://www.csc.gov.sg/html/newsletter/d ... emonth.JPG And it went downhill from there.

I really wanted to find out if i could've been 100% cured had i lasted a 5th month or longer. I intend to find out this time, i've been raw for 6 weeks now and i can guarantee you, i will last at least 6 months, i'm much more determined than i was before and i have no problem keeping my weight stable which was a big problem before.

To answer your question, i didn't start seeing significant results til after 2 months, it's a really slow process but hang in there, it's definitely worth it. My health is always soo much better when i'm raw, i have more energy and mentally, i feel much better too. I had doubts in the past that a raw food diet wasn't sustainable long term / impossible to stay on but not anymore, i could see myself being raw for the rest of my life, i'm even enjoying it. Good luck! I'll contact you in private so we can motivate each other and discuss our diet.

Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:14 pm
by dreamweaver
Archimonde,

So you're not consuming anything besides fruits and vegetables?

You mentioned you had problems with maintaining weight before, but that's not an issue anymore. Could you explain how you're able to maintain your weight on this raw diet?

I've gone on no carb diet a couple of times before, the longest I lasted was 3 weeks. But the biggest problem for me is maintaining my weight. Once I get around 140 lbs I really lose all motivation and go back to the normal diet.

Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:35 pm
by Archimonde
Hi Dream,

My diet, in calories, is roughly 60% from fruit, 20% from veggies, 20% from meat. Raw meat i eat: eggs, salmon, trout, and occasionnaly, a nice cut of beef.

The key to maintaining my weight: bananas! I eat 5 to 10 a day, sometimes even more. They're high in calorie and very easy to digest, once i added that to my diet, i was able to maintain my weight to around 150 pounds. Btw, check out this video of a guy eating 20 bananas in one sitting ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXD0RRde1ag

i tried zero-carb diet for like 10 days and felt HORRIBLE. I ate nothing but cooked beef, chicken and pork. it was yummy but my breath and health were at its worse.

Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:46 pm
by Jimi Stein
Great archimode

I agree 6 months is the breakthrough, I never lasted more, my teeth were chipping off, I was freaking out. If I ate 1 orange, my enamel was chipping off, teeth were sensitive, the top of the teeth where they meet the gum was melting.

So i stopped because of it. I tried everything, like eat less acidic and stuff.

But I still think it is the only way for me.
If molar removal will not work I have to do it, I dont have a chance, I will get implants if I have to.

Because after 6 months bb was really better, I think it was 90 %, I was getting better every day, my bb would be gone I think after 9 months.

But it is so hard, we are addicted to cooked food.

But if i had a cancer I would stay on raw for sure, I guess bb is no serious enough for me.

Food is sometimes the only thing that makes me happy and fulfilled.

Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:53 pm
by Jimi Stein
Yes I never tried bananas, but I have read about them later. I will try them of course, at least 15 of them per day. There are a lot of people raw, many!!!!
If they can do it, we can too. But I would ot eat raw beef, it is full of worms and shit. Why do you do this?

I would eat eggs this time mixed in smoothies and raw milk but I can not get it. I think raw milk is important to get calcium.

If molar is not working I have to go raw for life, this bb can be beat and I just was too comfortable with it. Comfortable in my lonileness and isolation.

But I am getting older, I would like to have children someday.
And raw can cure you for sure.

Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:09 pm
by Archimonde
Jimi wrote:

But I am getting older, I would like to have children someday.
And raw can cure you for sure.
That's my main motivation right there, I AM GETTING OLDER, WATCHING MY LIFE GO BY, that's killing me, that's even worse than the BB itself, worse than all the pain and loneliness that comes with it. i so wish i could go back in time to tell my younger self to go on a raw food diet, that way i would not have wasted so many years of my life. I'm 32 year old, i'm still relatively young but won't be for too long, I CAN NO LONGER WAIT FOR THE MIRACLE CURE.

But anyway, i think all this forum needs is ONE person that gets 100% cured by raw food, and then more people will follow.

As for raw meat, i'm not cut out to be a vegetarian, i need meat and i'm willing to take the chance to get worms or whatever. But if you can do without it, more power to you, it's certainly not a necessity to be healthy as proven by many people. I enjoy raw beef like once every 2 weeks, it's like i crave it and i've never gotten sick from it. I eat raw eggs everyday. And salmon once or twice a week. I think variety of food is critical if i want to stay raw for life.

Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:05 am
by asd
i have no doubt that a raw food diet is probably the most healthy diet one can be on and that most people would benefit from it.

however, if you believe that this can help you with bb then u must believe that your bb is not caused by localised infections but by nutrient deficiencies or something.

I dont mean to be negative but what I am trying to say is that raw food diet wont cure a rotten wisdom tooth etc

Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:17 am
by booberry
asd,

I've been checked over by dentists, a periodontist, my family doctor, an ENT, and a GE. None of them had any answers for me. I don't believe I have a localized infection because I've been on antibiotics before and there was no change in my bb. I'm at a loss as to what is the cause of my breath odor.

Depending on whose research you want to believe, a raw food diet can cure just about anything. Since it is a healthy way of life anyway, I figure why not try it in hopes of detoxing some nasty illness out of my system. Since I'm already seeing a decrease in my pnd, I really feel I'm on the right track this time.

Worst case scenario: I'll be an extremely healthy person with bad breath.

Boo

Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:02 pm
by ithurts
I'll go raw if my wisdom teeth which is in 3 hours doesn't work out. BB can be caused by our messed up metabolism. Maybe lots of people in here have that. I notice that If I eat lots of meat for dinner, my mouth has this horrible taste in the morning and my tongue is completely covered.