Page 1 of 1

Antibiotics update

Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:18 pm
by Hank
Hey All,

I promised to update you on my results in doing some antibiotic treatment suggested on the following site: http://www.periodontaldiseasetreatmentguide.com/

Anyway, I completed 8 days of treatment and don't really feel like it had any effect on my bb. However, I do have a few observations to report. First, when taking the antibiotics generally my mouth had a worse taste in it than before. Generally, I don't really detect any bad tastes in my mouth, so something was happening in there - don't know what. I actually went out drinking on a number of occasions that week and didn't really notice any bad reactions. But that's sort of the case with me anyway. I get reactions during the day at work, but not in going out drinking at night. The only other thing I noted while taking the drugs was that my waste system seemed to be working more effectively (more bowel movements per day and longer). After a week or so being off the drugs, that's still the case. Maybe the antibiotics helped to clean out my system a bit. Overall, don't think it really helped with me, but because I don't have a trusted breath smeller, I don't know for sure.

Sorry I don't have better news for you.

Hank

Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:46 pm
by ElGrizzle
Yea I also noticed that bowel movements were quite frequent while on antibiotics. I took them for over a month, and it was quite effective (the longer you take them the more effective the treatment). I also loaded up on plain yoghurt half way during treatment, and have been having it at least 3 times a day. Are you getting in your yoghurt?

Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:58 pm
by Hank
El Grizzle,

Are you saying that antibiotics helped with your bb condition?

I have an extra supply of the antibiotics I took, but didn't want to take them for longer than the prescribed 8 days.

Hank

Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:16 am
by ElGrizzle
yes very effective. cleared up food intolerances, cleared up acne on the back and the oiliness and redness of my face. helped me put on weight.

I had metrinodazole and amoxicillin.

Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:20 am
by billie
HEy Elgrizzle,

Isn“t it dangerous to take antibiotics for such a long time?
Did your doctor prescribed the metrinodazole for you or can you order it on the internet?

Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:12 am
by ElGrizzle
I suggested for him to prescribe it to me, so he did. Yes antibiotics can be dangerous. long term Metrinodazole dosing has been shown to cause liver cancer in rats. There is no evidence of liver cancer or long term effects in humans, but one must be careful because of the study on rats of course. You can check out the studies on the pfizer website.

Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:36 am
by wnaysha
Hi Hank,

antibiotics might help if taken once or twice a year, but taking it more than that is not healthy. I used to take at least 4 courses a year for strip throat, but that made my body very weak.

Its good to have more bowel movements, I notice almost no bb/reactions when my intestines and stomach are cleaner. Antibiotics can cause irritable bowel syndrome, which is what I think i have because my digestive system is getting very weak and not working like its supposed to. and yes taking yogurt is very helpful, so try to take a lot of plain yogurt.