Page 1 of 1

link between soy consumption and bad breath?

Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:35 am
by Sara
Hi everyone,

I eat a lot of soy and drink soymilk - and have really awful breath with a "sweet" tinge. Truly awful, rank breath - colleagues cover their mouths and move away from me! I've been told soy consumption might be part of the problem.

My regime is as follows: salt water gargle eight times daily; pro biotics; clean teeth four times a day including flossing; rinse mouth with water after eating. Eat fresh mint leaves and parsley frequently.

If I don't maintain this regime scrupulously, the bad breath returns within a couple of hours.

I was recommended the fresh unsweetened yoghurt option, but it hasn't helped at all.

Posted: Fri May 25, 2012 3:32 pm
by aues
According to http://veganstrength.users-board.com/t1 ... aglichkeit there is another person who thinks to get bad breath with a white coated tongue when eating soy products.

Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:56 pm
by HigherThoughts
I don't think eating soy causes bad breath. As an Asian person I eat a lot of soy products, especially tofu, which never caused me bad breath. None of my family members or friends who eat a lot of soy products have bad breath either. You can check if you have any soy allergies if you think that is the case.

Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:07 am
by Jimi Stein
Soy can cause a lot of problem with people, I consume it anyways, especially soy sauce and tofu.

But yes it could make your bb stronger if you are allergic

Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:22 am
by clara0
when I eat soy in my food (not soy milk) the next morning the dark circles around my eyes get darker which in my case means the allergies will get worse during the day.