Newbie here and have some questions :(
Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:32 pm
Hello Everyone,
Like most of you I have been suffering from bad breath all my life and it has had quite a bad influence on my life and my carreer in general even though I have learned to accept the problem and to live with it. However, I am not yet read to give up.
I have stumbled across this site quite by coincidence and I have spent a lot of time going through a million suggestions and all the information contained in these pages. I would like to congratulate those who made it and have improved their situation and I would like to give a word of encouragement to those who like me are still facing the problem.
I have sought advice from at least 4 doctors and 40 dentists and all they can come up with is oral hygene but they admit that there is no way my teeth/mouth can be cleaner!!! Having lost all trust in professionals, I have been making some ‘tests’ myself with which I would appreciate any advice you guys/gals can give me.
TONSILITHIS
For a fact I know that I have big tonsils however the doc. has never suggested that I remove them. I have almost torn my mouth apart and I cannot see any stones or anything that looks like stones. However when I inserted my finger in my mouth and rubbed it against my tonsils it did have a really foul smell! Sadly enough I rubbed my finger also on my tongue and gums and it also had a bad smell. My questions are:
a) is it possible to have stones without being able to see them?
b) Can the tonsils be cause of bad breath even if they do not have stones?
c) Is there any other way, apart from the method described above, to be sure if bad breath is coming from the tonsils?
PND – Post Nasal Drip.
a) what is this exactly and how does one know if he suffers from it?
CANDIDA OVERGROWTH
I have done some research about the Candida Overgrowth and found a list with the symptoms of this condition as well as a Water Test to assess if one does or does not suffer from this condition. When I was young I did have a habit of not using public bathrooms and suppressing the call of nature. Apart from this I read on one post that Liver Function is also related in some way and I did have a Liver Function test with some bad readings.
Out of the symptoms I can say that is suffer from at least 75% of these symptoms such as dry mouth, constipation, bad memory, loss of concentration, bad taste etc etc. Upon trying the water test, I did get a cloudy cluster at the bottom of the glass as well as root like streaks on the surface and the saliva did not dissolve completely.
a) if indeed I am suffering from candida overgrowth would the bad smell just come from the stomach or would I also have it on my tongue and tonsils? In other words since when I rub my finger on the tonsil and tongue I get a foul smell on my finger does this meant that I am suffering from tonsilithis and not candida overgrowth?
b) does anyone have any experiences with Candida Overgrowth
SOLOBACTERIUM MOOREI
Ok, so scientist are sure that this is one of the major causes for bad breath. Does anyone know if there is some enzyme/product/magic pill that can fight this bacteria?
Needless to say that this is not a case of dental hygiene I floss, brush etc. I tried bicarbonate of soda with half cup water and I must say that for a few minutes my mouth felt incredibly well but the well being did not last long and got back the bad breath. One get used to body odours so I am not able to tell if it did actually decrease or not. Next step is brushing with Bicarbonate of Soda to see what happens.
I will also try the lemon juice method, the yoghurt and the hydrogen peroxide and hopefully have better results than the bicarbonate of soda.
I thank everyone who will have the patience to read this longish post and provide any assistance or advice whatsoever.
Thanks
Like most of you I have been suffering from bad breath all my life and it has had quite a bad influence on my life and my carreer in general even though I have learned to accept the problem and to live with it. However, I am not yet read to give up.
I have stumbled across this site quite by coincidence and I have spent a lot of time going through a million suggestions and all the information contained in these pages. I would like to congratulate those who made it and have improved their situation and I would like to give a word of encouragement to those who like me are still facing the problem.
I have sought advice from at least 4 doctors and 40 dentists and all they can come up with is oral hygene but they admit that there is no way my teeth/mouth can be cleaner!!! Having lost all trust in professionals, I have been making some ‘tests’ myself with which I would appreciate any advice you guys/gals can give me.
TONSILITHIS
For a fact I know that I have big tonsils however the doc. has never suggested that I remove them. I have almost torn my mouth apart and I cannot see any stones or anything that looks like stones. However when I inserted my finger in my mouth and rubbed it against my tonsils it did have a really foul smell! Sadly enough I rubbed my finger also on my tongue and gums and it also had a bad smell. My questions are:
a) is it possible to have stones without being able to see them?
b) Can the tonsils be cause of bad breath even if they do not have stones?
c) Is there any other way, apart from the method described above, to be sure if bad breath is coming from the tonsils?
PND – Post Nasal Drip.
a) what is this exactly and how does one know if he suffers from it?
CANDIDA OVERGROWTH
I have done some research about the Candida Overgrowth and found a list with the symptoms of this condition as well as a Water Test to assess if one does or does not suffer from this condition. When I was young I did have a habit of not using public bathrooms and suppressing the call of nature. Apart from this I read on one post that Liver Function is also related in some way and I did have a Liver Function test with some bad readings.
Out of the symptoms I can say that is suffer from at least 75% of these symptoms such as dry mouth, constipation, bad memory, loss of concentration, bad taste etc etc. Upon trying the water test, I did get a cloudy cluster at the bottom of the glass as well as root like streaks on the surface and the saliva did not dissolve completely.
a) if indeed I am suffering from candida overgrowth would the bad smell just come from the stomach or would I also have it on my tongue and tonsils? In other words since when I rub my finger on the tonsil and tongue I get a foul smell on my finger does this meant that I am suffering from tonsilithis and not candida overgrowth?
b) does anyone have any experiences with Candida Overgrowth
SOLOBACTERIUM MOOREI
Ok, so scientist are sure that this is one of the major causes for bad breath. Does anyone know if there is some enzyme/product/magic pill that can fight this bacteria?
Needless to say that this is not a case of dental hygiene I floss, brush etc. I tried bicarbonate of soda with half cup water and I must say that for a few minutes my mouth felt incredibly well but the well being did not last long and got back the bad breath. One get used to body odours so I am not able to tell if it did actually decrease or not. Next step is brushing with Bicarbonate of Soda to see what happens.
I will also try the lemon juice method, the yoghurt and the hydrogen peroxide and hopefully have better results than the bicarbonate of soda.
I thank everyone who will have the patience to read this longish post and provide any assistance or advice whatsoever.
Thanks