Page 1 of 1

Cinnamon gum smells not so good?

Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:56 am
by integral
I think that every time I chew a cinnamon gum, I get more reactions than when I don't chew any gum at all. I mean I don't know whether I have bb or not, but it would be interesting to hear your opinion on cinnamon gum.

Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:03 pm
by wnaysha
Hi integral,

when I first noticed my bb, I would chew 3 pieces of gum/ then 5 cough drops. n they never did any good to my bb, infact they made it worse because they increased my acid reflux, and in IBS acid reflux means shit coming up from your intestines :x I know disguesting, so I never chew any kind of those strong gums now. I prefer different flavors of trident more.

Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:01 pm
by halitosisux
lol

Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:16 pm
by integral
wnaysha, how do you know that you have reflux?

Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:23 am
by wnaysha
Someone seems to be obsessed with me 8)

:roll: anywayz


hi integral,

the food literally comes up in my throat, sometimes up in my nasal passages when i'm sleeping when its just the reflux, When its acid reflux u can feel the acid coming up, it hurts+burning sensation so you know its acid reflux.

Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:32 am
by integral
Sorry to hear that. Is it a curable condition? Maybe food style changes, vegan etc?

Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:21 am
by wnaysha
yes integral,

I tried eating smaller meals, and drinking water around 30min-1hr after meals and my acid reflux is slowly going away + i'm taking prevacid(ppi), Libirax (for intestinal spasms-IBS), and Amitiza (to push the food down for IBS). I have also stopped eating spicy foods, n stong minty gums/mints.

like that old saying "an ounce of prevention is better than a ton of cure." It is better to stop eating spicy foods n stuff like that before its too late.

Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:19 pm
by integral
Right, it's wise to avoid spicy, and eat it only on occasion. And calorie intake shouldn't be more than 1500 per day, unless you work physically throughout the day.