Going on a date now that I'm bb free. But GAH my nerves!!
Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:23 am
So, I've been bb free for a few months now and have just gotten asked out on my first date in about 8 years. i'm a little nervous, considering i haven't had a boyfriend since I was about 16 and I am SO inexperienced in every aspect of a relationship. This is also my best friend's boyfriend's best friend...so I'm afraid of things getting around to my friend and her boyfriend blah blah blah. And let's just say my best friend is very fast...and i hope this guy doesn't expect me to be fast as well because I'm not. And that is why I shy away from being set up by friends. She's already suggesting vacations, etc.
But anyway, to my real dilemma. It's SO hard to feel like i don't have bb, I feel like I have to be so guarded on this date. We're doubling, going out to dinner...but i just can't fathom being comfortable on the date just because I barely know the guy, but also because I still feel like i'm going to offend! i think my issue is more halitiphobia than anything now. it's so hard to realize you don't smell anymore since you've dealt with it your whole life. And obviously I wasn't smelling because he really likes me and asked me out. He's a very blunt guy, he'd have told me if I wasn't smelling so fresh. But do you guys know what i mean about being so self conscious?
Ugh, I just need someone to calm my nerves.
But anyway, to my real dilemma. It's SO hard to feel like i don't have bb, I feel like I have to be so guarded on this date. We're doubling, going out to dinner...but i just can't fathom being comfortable on the date just because I barely know the guy, but also because I still feel like i'm going to offend! i think my issue is more halitiphobia than anything now. it's so hard to realize you don't smell anymore since you've dealt with it your whole life. And obviously I wasn't smelling because he really likes me and asked me out. He's a very blunt guy, he'd have told me if I wasn't smelling so fresh. But do you guys know what i mean about being so self conscious?
Ugh, I just need someone to calm my nerves.