So I went to a baseball game with work tonight. I almost bailed out b/c of my social anxiety due to my bb. I actually had a great time and it felt great to socialize and just do something new. (not gonna lie took a xanax &they had an open bar) --so i was "socially liquidated".... why not.. that's what is there for.
A woman in my same department (i work in software) made a comment about oscar the grouch being smelly and somehow directed it towards me. I was having such a great time mingling with everyone and she had to so inconsiderately blurb that out. I have much less respect for her now.
My point is that I am going to continue with this--like i used to when I was younger and go out and have fun and socialize. My approach this time is to anticipate that someone will sometimes make a childish comment and be ready to brush it off and not care. Because if you let the comments get to you, you've already lost.
It's kind of like the rule about asking women out. You need to always be prepared for rejection---Cause if you ask 10 women out, you will probably score 5 numbers and get 5 rejections.
I really miss my social life. I think at this point I would rather put myself out there and meet people than hide inside my house and miss opportunity after opportunity as my youth dissapears in front of my eyes.
We'll see how it goes
THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
Conditioning yourself to expect& deal withnegative commn
-
captain_cooch
- Newbie
- Posts: 18
- Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 3:46 am
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.