Page 1 of 1
cleaning back of tongue and tonsils
Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:30 am
by christyxxx
can anyone tell me how i can clean the VERY back of my tongue as well as my tonsils without gagging? i think this could improve my bb considerably but i feel as if i'm about to throw up everytime i try. maybe there's some sort of medecine or spray out there to make my gag reflexes less strong. if i can conquer this, i may be able to gain some confidence back. please help x
Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:59 am
by Archimonde
that sounds like a terrible idea. Don't do / take something dangerous just to decrease your BB by ~5%.
Are you ok?
Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:29 pm
by christyxxx
actually no. im not ok. i have chronic bb. i cant be myself. ever. i come across as arrogant and rude because i barely talk in social situations. i cant date. i can't go clubbing because the music's so loud - s omeone's bound to try and talk to me and there's no way im shouting in someones ear standing so close. all my friendships are getting weaker cuz i've declined so many invitations and i barely see my friends anymore. bb is the first thing i think about when i wake up and the last thing i think about when i go to bed. the only times i feel comfortable are when i'm by myself. how sad is that?! this is no way to live. it's on my mind 24/7. i should be worrying about my career and what i want to do with my life, not this stupid disease or whatever it is. so yeah, no i'm not ok.
are you??
Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:45 am
by longislander
christyxxx wrote:actually no. im not ok. i have chronic bb. i cant be myself. ever. i come across as arrogant and rude because i barely talk in social situations. i cant date. i can't go clubbing because the music's so loud - s omeone's bound to try and talk to me and there's no way im shouting in someones ear standing so close. all my friendships are getting weaker cuz i've declined so many invitations and i barely see my friends anymore. bb is the first thing i think about when i wake up and the last thing i think about when i go to bed. the only times i feel comfortable are when i'm by myself. how sad is that?! this is no way to live. it's on my mind 24/7. i should be worrying about my career and what i want to do with my life, not this stupid disease or whatever it is. so yeah, no i'm not ok.
are you??
I can't believe I just read this. I feel the exact same way. I'm 27, I can't date because the whole time i am thinking about my breath or looking another way to avoid them smelling it.. its horrible. People think I don't have good oral hygene but i brush my teeth 10 times a day and use mouthwash like 20 times a day but it doesnt work. Ive literally tried everything. I really think the root of the problem is in the back of the throat or tonsils...I tried that therabreath sinus thing but it totally irritated my sinuses..I know its from having dry mouth.. I wonder if I got my tonsils removed if that would help.. I dont know but I've totally lost my confidence too.. its insane.
Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:14 am
by iva
Gargling with baking soda diluted in warm ater is highly effective for cleaning the far back of the tongue from the thick mucous. This thick and sticky mucous on the other hand is caused by smth else - PND, reflux, etc. So u have to find the reason not only treat the symptoms.