Page 1 of 1
Try reading the "Grain Damage" book
Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:46 am
by bimms
Anybody thought about just cutting out grains from your diet?
In my case, I am fairly certain that eating grains every meal was causing me to have reflux, which caused bad breath.
Now that I've stopped eating grains, my reflux is gone, and with it, my BB.
Try buying "Grain Damage" off Amazon. It changed my whole viewpoint.
Basically, the "food pyramid" is a giant pack of lies, which in my opinion causes some of us to develop BB.
That is my serious opinion.
Food pyramid
Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:29 am
by tonsolloliths
bimms,
you are so right about the food pyramid. There is high belief that it was a collusion between the gov't and the farmers (grain growers) to dupe the public into buying and eating lots of it! A diet high in grain is tolerable for A blood types as these are more recent. I have type O which is the oldest type and grains do not agree with me, especially refined grain.
G
Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:05 am
by TeamZissou
Is it all carbs in general, or specifically grains? Are things like potatoes and bananas okay? They have carbs, but aren't grains.
Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:17 am
by tonsolloliths
TeamZissou,
I was referring to grains and how they are not recommended for O blood types. O blood types do well on a high protein and complex carb diet. Potatoes are ok but yams are more nutritious.
G
Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:32 am
by TeamZissou
So its processed grains specifically? Like pasta, white bread, crackers, etc? Or does what you're talking about include simple sugars too, like in soft drinks, desserts, fruit, and stuff like that?
I guess I'm just confused as to exactly what is off-limits.
Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:05 am
by tonsolloliths
TeamZissou,
This might help you better understand. This is the site for Peter J. D'Adamo, the doctor who wrote
Eat Right 4 Your Type
http://www.dadamo.com
I'm currently reading his newest book on GenoType; this further breaks down to genetics and not just blood types.
You definitely want to stay away from simple sugars and processed grains.
You can have fruit in moderation, but get most of your carbs from veggies, the less starchy the better; but who can resist the occasional ear of corn or baked potato?
G