Page 1 of 1

Biting and BB

Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:37 am
by GreenParadigm
I feel that whenever I bite down on my own teeth that my breath gets worse, because of this I try to never bite my own teeth lightly or with tension as in anger.... I always keep my teeth apart, does anyone do this?

Ofcourse when I eat it's different...

Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:39 pm
by halitosisux
I've read somewhere, and it might even be a poster on this site, that if your BB seems to worsen by eating hard food or even just generally chewing, then its your gums or some other dental problem. Have a good rub around with a clean finger, but dont get too concerned about flossing odours its perfectly normal for trapped debris to stink. If you cant detect any odours in this way its quite possible you cant smell it because of habituation effect, which is why a lot of people cant smell their own BB. Try asking someone you trust if they can smell anything.

**** your dentist.. if YOU feel something isnt quite right with your dentition then persist further, get second or third opinions from other dentists.

My sister has inflamed gums on one side and her breath has become awful, i get whiffs even when shes eating, but she's totally unaware of her BB. She said her gums bleed in that area very easily.. but INCREDIBLY her dentist says nothing to worry about, and that its all genetic. When she goes for her next checkup i'll be accompanying her.. i hope he reads this forum because he better get ready for that day.

Posted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:12 am
by tonsolloliths
whenever I bite down on my own teeth that my breath gets worse
I would get your teeth/gums thoroughly checked; maybe the pressure of biting down is causing a release of trapped food and debris to push out into the mouth. Do you also get a bad taste when this happens? A waterpik can really get into those crooks and nannies :) to release trapped debris even better than floss.

G

smelly flossing

Posted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:00 pm
by Sally
Hi Guys,
I'm glad I'm not alone with the whole smelly flossing business!
I find that although I floss everyday now , when I do the bits that come from between my teeth stink... :-&

I'm thinking of investing in a water pick anyone got any recommendations?

x

S

Posted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:18 pm
by tonsolloliths
Hi Sally,

I recently switched to the WaterPik ultra cordless because I have been through 2 of the regular ones in 5 years because the hoses break very easily. The drawback of the cordless is that the water reservoir is not as large, I have to fill it more than once per use. It comes with 4 tips: regular, pocketpik, tongue scraper, and orthodontic (for those with braces).

G