THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

Anyone else here never burp.

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
meowkity1
God
Posts: 799
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:33 pm

Anyone else here never burp.

Post by meowkity1 »

I don't know why, but I never burp. I wonder if there could be this gassy build up, I never let one out so it could just slowly seep out.
I realized this very young, that I couldnt even imitate a burp
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

Interesting, but until now i thought it was only the Queen who doesnt burp (or fart) - just being silly, but its a fact she doesnt even go to the toilet! But i'll still bet anything her breath smells of roses.

You could be having more gas in your intestines if u are swallowing all that air and that gas under pressure could be reabsorbing into your bloodstream and exiting through some means. Its just a possibility.

But the fact that you cant ever seem to burp, even imitate one, makes me think. Burping is the valve at the stomach-end of the esophagus relaxing and the noise is the air passing out from that valve making it and the esophagus reverberate (correct me if im wrong as im not 100% sure). Normally this valves remains contracted, sealing off your stomach contents, so u can sleep etc without stomach contents refluxing into your throat, so could it be that the reason you never seem to burp is that this valve isnt functioning correctly? have you seen a GI doctor to get your GI system checked out? If this valve isnt working properly, you could be allowing a certain amount of contents to reflux and you might even have silent reflux, which has none of the classic symptoms of acid reflux, like heartburn, but has its own secondary symptoms like PND or even sinusitis.
If you read about it, this can cause damage to the tissues of the entire naso-pharynx and lead to problems which can lead to having BB.

EDIT: sorry i got that wrong, i just looked on wikipedia, the noise from a burp is from the upper espophegal sphincter, which is not the valve which seals off the stomach, but its still something to think about regarding a potential problem you may have in this important area and its implications regarding BB.
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

Also, yes, if this system isnt functioning correctly, you could be slowly releasing gas involuntarily. It might not be all that foul, but when someone else smells it on your breath its repulsive, yet no different to the odour released from a normal burp. It might even be the sign of a hernia or some other similar GI abnormality.

BTW, please excuse my ignorance if you have already had all of this checked and ruled out, but i've followed your story roughly since your first post and i cant recall any mention of that.
meowkity1
God
Posts: 799
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:33 pm

n

Post by meowkity1 »

I have never had this checked out. Its just a theory I thought was worth mentioning. But you make sense, and it was kind of what I was thinking also. I know for sure I have bowel, constipation, and those types of problems. At 26 I am just now trying to eat healthy, and realizing, all this processed food, chips, pop, and fries, is deadly. So for 26 years my system has been working hard . I went through a period where our family would go to the buffet sometimes teice a month. I have to stay on fiber supplements or I get clogged up. Or softeners
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗