Page 1 of 2
Dairy Free Results...
Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:36 pm
by girlie girl
Just curious to whom is being helped by a dairy free diet...
Please post your percent and comment below if you can.
Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:37 pm
by girlie girl
I think it is helping me, but I cheat too often and therefore it's not a 100%. I am trying to take "Lactase" when I cheat. It's just in everything!
Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:52 pm
by meowkity1
Iv cut out egg and cheese. Still using some milk.
But it does seem to help. My hairs are long in back. And when I eat cheese or eggs, I get this really thick buildup,
I am really scared of eggs now, because I was reading the same fumes that cause rotten eggs breath are directly in eggs.
I dont know if its better for the inside of body, but, keeping eggs off tongue, is really helping me.
Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:13 pm
by girlie girl
It seems like a lot of people on this forum are getting relief from a dairy-free diet. I feel like it's helping, but not completely. I am wondering... from those who have gotten relief, how long before you are completely free of the bb. Please post your experience and results. I think of few of us feel like we are treading water waiting for the ship to arrive. Also, thanks to everyone posting input.
Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:22 am
by bhd
in 1 or 2 weeks.
but you said yourself that you cheat every so often.
for me, diet was the hardest to change. First i tried vegetarian, then no dairy(hard), then i tried the candida + no dairy diet which is the ultimate sacrifice.
i say try no diary for a LONG time without pills. it builds up mucous, creates pnd which adds to the bb
Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:15 pm
by girlie girl
BHD,
So it took 1-2 weeks before you noticed a difference? What about trace amounts in foods--did that affect your breath? I will keep at it, but I'm just not sure. HUH I hate this!
Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:09 pm
by me
dairyes certeanly make breath worst, so does anything with sugar in it. This last couple weaks I been taking whey protein and let me tell you this is the worst us with poop breath can take. The protein it suppoes to be extracted form cows milk so I guess that's what it is. The wierd thing about it is that whey is supposed to make you fart, well in my case I have a hard time farting or burping so it just makes me smellier!!!
I still how ever think that what we have is some kind of gas leak, so foods that make your poop smell worst also, make your breath smell worst.
I wonder if you guys could list every thing that you eat during the day? Like what do you eat on a reagular day?
Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:23 pm
by Archimonde
me wrote:This last couple weaks I been taking whey protein and let me tell you this is the worst us with poop breath can take.
i had always wondered what was the effect of whey protein on BB sufferers. Did you get more reactions or was the fecal taste in your mouth just worse?
Posted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:44 am
by me
i had always wondered what was the effect of whey protein on BB sufferers. Did you get more reactions or was the fecal taste in your mouth just worse?
Well taking Whey protein was kind of the same as drinking milk, but way
worst. After drinking it I kind of felt better for a couple minutes, but then I felt 10 times worst than before drinking it. My toungue was extremlly white coated, and the awfull taste that I usually have was waaayyyy worst. I was much more bloated than I usually I'm, but yet as usual I couldn't burp or fart (When normal people takes Whey Protein they start farting a lot, but not me). The poop smell that comes from my nose and mouth was much more noticeable to me (I have ways of smelling my self). I took the supplement at night time, to reduce the chances of being smellier around people. Still every time I would take it, the next day I would get much more reactions than I would get when not taking it, like waaayy more reactions. Also one last thing is that my nights were worst than they usually are. I usually wake up every 2 to 3 hours at night, with my heart pounding and very thirsty and feeling bloated. Well while I was taking whey lets just say my nights were even crappier.
Posted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:27 am
by yeagermeister
I agree with all your thoughts on whey protein, my bb was so bad I could smell it myself, didn`t even need to ask.All protein powders for that matter don`t suit me well,however rice protein powder didn`t seem to make my breath bad,but it gave me a strange body odor.
Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:21 pm
by wnaysha
girlie girl,
I was reading my chemistry book the other day and found out a few things regarding lactose and bb. hope its helpful,
ok, so we all know that most of ppl who have tried a dairy free diet are seeing some good changes in their breath,
The reason why we can't drink milk is because of its lactose, we are lactose intolerant,
Lactose

(also referred to as milk sugar) is a sugar that is found most notably in milk.
This is what I found in my chemistry book:
C6H12O6 (glucose) (helped by yeast)
2CH3CH2OH (ethanol) + 2CO2
Ethanol is a toxic alcohol usually found in alcoholic drinks
CH3CH2OH (after Oxidation)
CH3CHO (an aldehyde)
Aldehyde

"Low molecular weight aldehydes, e.g., formaldehyde and acetaldehyde
(CH3CHO), have sharp, unpleasant odors."
So, What i'm trying to say is that lactose intolerance meanse that when we eat lactose, our body is not able to cut lactose into little pieces or digest it, since lactose is a sugar, and glucose is sugar, glucose with yeast can lead to ethanol which then changes to acetaldehyde a strong sharp unpleasant smell coming out of our stomach and noses.
I don't know if it's making sense or not to you guyz.
Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:40 pm
by me
So, What i'm trying to say is that lactose intolerance meanse that when we eat lactose, our body is not able to cut lactose into little pieces or digest it, since lactose is a sugar, and glucose is sugar, glucose with yeast can lead to ethanol which then changes to acetaldehyde a strong sharp unpleasant smell coming out of our stomach and noses.
I don't know if it's making sense or not to you guyz
It would be intresting to know from people who knows for sure that they suffer from lactose intolerance, what type of smell they emit when they consume diary foods.
Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:21 pm
by TiredofThis
me wrote:So, What i'm trying to say is that lactose intolerance meanse that when we eat lactose, our body is not able to cut lactose into little pieces or digest it, since lactose is a sugar, and glucose is sugar, glucose with yeast can lead to ethanol which then changes to acetaldehyde a strong sharp unpleasant smell coming out of our stomach and noses.
I don't know if it's making sense or not to you guyz
It would be intresting to know from people who knows for sure that they suffer from lactose intolerance, what type of smell they emit when they consume diary foods.
I personally emit a rotting dairy smell, obviously because it's fermenting in my stomach. It comes out of my mouth and nose. I now take Lactaid up to three times a day and can eat whatever I want...my eating habits are pretty much back to normal again.
Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:48 pm
by me
So you are cured??? You don't get more reactions anymore?? I tried Lactaid a couple years ago but it didn't really make any difference with my smell.
Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:41 am
by TiredofThis
me wrote:So you are cured??? You don't get more reactions anymore?? I tried Lactaid a couple years ago but it didn't really make any difference with my smell.
Yup, I've been cured for months. I first completely eliminated dairy. Then after talking to a member on here who would "cheat" every once in a while by taking Lactaid pills, I took the plunge. I wasn't going to at first since I was getting absolutely no reactions from completely eliminating dairy, but I missed certain foods and felt like I was lacking Calcium, so I did it and still have no reactions. Now I just take the pills multiple times a day and enjoy my meals.