Page 1 of 1
Prednisone, what a shit medicine...
Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:00 pm
by me
Seriously I think this is the reason for my poop breath. When I was a kid I had asthma so I used lots of prednisone, I mean lots!!! I think now I'm paying the consequences. Besides the horrible breath I also have extremly dry skin, and also dry eyes. I been searching the net, and I have found lots of similar stories of people who now are suffering the prednisone side effects. Could prednisone really be the cause, for me???
Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:41 am
by halihope
I too took prednisone for 18 years had a kidney transplant then I lots it and was off prednisone for 7 years and since 2005 I am back on it and new kidney and my breath is so horrendous. Funny the 18 years I took it my breath was fine!!

Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:06 pm
by me
kidney transplant, wow that's major. Did you BB started when you got the new kidney? or did it started when you stop using prednisone?
Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:13 pm
by halihope
This is my second kidney transplant and my bb started when the first kidney begun to fail, the bb got worst by the time I started dialysis and I was hoping that with the new kidney it would go away but it did not and I still have this horrible thing.
Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:30 am
by bbsux
thats interesting because i have had kidney issues too... Could it be that bb has something to do with kidney issues ??? My kidney kept swelling up and i had like 4 surgeries dont to fix it.
Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:28 am
by dark
halihope: do you have dry eyes as "me", bc I have my eyes irritated all the time.
About the prednisone, I use another corticosteroid (dexametasone) when I have an allergy (maybe 2 times a year), It works, but corticosteroid can“t be used continuously.
Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:23 pm
by Sally
Wow Guys
this is an interesting link as I also took prednisone, for my asthma when I was younger,
Thankfully my asthma got much better when I turned 21 weird, But I did take this prednisone for a number of years previous to that...
Just found out some info on this medicine interesting stuff eh!
Side effects can include
darkening or lightening of skin color
increased appetite
indigestion
nervousness or restlessness
increased sweating
sensation of spinning
Can't remember having the sensation of spinning!! that'd be a good one to have
Although I have developed really bad indigestion, to the point where I can't even eat a bowl of cereal without having bad heartburn or indigestion....
Wow Halihope - you're soooo brave 2 kidney ops. and still sounding perky...x
Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:23 am
by me
Although I have developed really bad indigestion, to the point where I can't even eat a bowl of cereal without having bad heartburn or indigestion....
me 2 when I eat cereal I get indigestion. Also lately when I really have to poop if I try to hold it for a while I get really bad nausea.
About the kidney, I think that could definitely be a reason for bb.