Page 1 of 1
blue light toothbrush
Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:00 pm
by meowkity1
claims to cure thrush on contact and prevent halitosis, and fight germ causing gingivitis. $15
Blue light toothbrush
Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:33 pm
by sadman
Have you used it ?. The problem with it is it has only 2 lights , just enough for the gums . The flashlight I order has 21 led and cover a larger area on the tongue , especially the back of the tongue
Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:27 pm
by meowkity1
Then I think it would be a good idea to let us know the brand of the light you ordered. Dont you think that would be helpful
Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:24 am
by Bestwishes
Yes please let us know that would be great, and hopefully it might have some positive results for us.
Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:48 am
by OneDay111
Ive read that blue light cures bad breath. Intresting try it and let us know. I think its a past post. Search it.
Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:37 am
by meowkity1
I find it odd sadman isnt posting info about this blue light product
Really, we would like to know
There are plenty of blue led lights, but I am not finding any specifically that you put in your whloe mouth
Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:24 pm
by halitosisux
Do those blue light teeth-whitening things work using similar principles?
Maybe if the light is the right wavelength a good quality version could be modified and someone could do some tests with it?
Blue LEDs havent been around for long so this is quite hopeful as a way of helping to control oral bacteria. You can get incredibly bright LEDs today and there are different wavelengths and power intensities.
If this was me a few years ago I would have been making my own for sure.
This probably has nothing to do with it, but as far as I know, sunlight whitens/bleaches because of the UV. Maybe this and the whitening things work in similar way to UV light. Actually I wonder if anyone has ever tried a low power short-duration UV light inside the mouth before?
UV light is used for sterilizing water and you can get UV kits for aquariums for controlling harmful bacteria and parasites/fungi etc.
Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:33 pm
by sadman
I don't know if you read my other posts about Blue light . UV light is harmful to tissue and can not be used for human . Blue light with a wavelength of 450nm has been proven to kill anaerobic bacteria in the mouth and even MRSA .I got the light two days ago and so far so good , my breath has never been this fresh before . I don't want to give you a false hope , so let wait for a few more days and I will have my final thought .
Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:20 pm
by orange111
http://www.getultrablu.com/ultra-blu-product-info.html
bit of a description in this link ^
btw, is it a temporary relief against bad breath or does it promote long term fresher breath?
Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:03 am
by sadman
The fresh breath is not temporary . It seems to last the whole day and if indeed it does ( if I can prove it by Halitometer ) , that's unbelievable . We only need to use the blue light once a day for 60-120" along with H2O2 and that's it and we are in Heaven . The principle of this treatment is that we use the blue light to kill the bad germs and the good one then will replace them and we will have a healthy normal mouth flora . Blue Light can go deep to the crevices of the tongue and kill the anaerobic bacteria living there . Let's hope that this is the cure .
Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:23 am
by hope4now
google this minus the quotes:
"BLUE LED Flashlight 455 460 nM"
I ordered one from the first link for about $15. It has 21 blue LEDs.
Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:48 am
by orange111
do you put toothpaste on it or not? as wont the toothpaste on top block the blue light coming out?