MY life of living with halitosis in great britain
Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:00 am
First , I am newbie to this site , any mistakes i make here are purely by accident - thankyou.
Hi, let me introduce myself , i am a male , 40 years old , living in great britain (birmingham) and suffer from bad breath.
I am extremely lucky as i have a wife , and 5 children , oldest 2 are in teens - I am the only one that smells.
As far as i can look back , my breath has stunk, My mum even said it to me at the age of around 7 , as well as kids at school.I had very poor oral hygiene until the age of about 10, infact i cannot remember brushing at a young age.
My parents are fine , no smell from them,though my mum did have all her teeth taken out when she was 30 or so years old.
However, i have an older brother who really did smell , until recently he suffered like the rest of us,But he had something done a few years ago which stopped the smell.
He is older than i am , and i found it difficult to ask him what he did to help himself - due to a family feud he no longer talks to the rest of my family so i will never know.
One of his son's did smell ,due to a diet of candy all his teeth had to be surgically removed at that age of 5 & he no longer smells.
My dentist says my teeth and gums are fine & have tried all the 'gimmicks' sorry mouthwashes , but i still get the same gestures from others like taking deep breaths , sighs , and constant yawning , holding nose etc..
I will be going to london clinic in the next week or so , they will use a halimeter to see where the smell orginates from & perform deep gum cleaning which will be about an hour & half long.
I pray that it works...
Hi, let me introduce myself , i am a male , 40 years old , living in great britain (birmingham) and suffer from bad breath.
I am extremely lucky as i have a wife , and 5 children , oldest 2 are in teens - I am the only one that smells.
As far as i can look back , my breath has stunk, My mum even said it to me at the age of around 7 , as well as kids at school.I had very poor oral hygiene until the age of about 10, infact i cannot remember brushing at a young age.
My parents are fine , no smell from them,though my mum did have all her teeth taken out when she was 30 or so years old.
However, i have an older brother who really did smell , until recently he suffered like the rest of us,But he had something done a few years ago which stopped the smell.
He is older than i am , and i found it difficult to ask him what he did to help himself - due to a family feud he no longer talks to the rest of my family so i will never know.
One of his son's did smell ,due to a diet of candy all his teeth had to be surgically removed at that age of 5 & he no longer smells.
My dentist says my teeth and gums are fine & have tried all the 'gimmicks' sorry mouthwashes , but i still get the same gestures from others like taking deep breaths , sighs , and constant yawning , holding nose etc..
I will be going to london clinic in the next week or so , they will use a halimeter to see where the smell orginates from & perform deep gum cleaning which will be about an hour & half long.
I pray that it works...