Your Email Address:

First Name:

Hello

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
mimmi

Hello

Post by mimmi »

Hello!
Reason for my bad breath is h pylori, that I know for sure. My doctor wrote out antiobiotika but after stopping my bad breath came back. What should I do? Go crazy soon. Especially when you know what is the cause of one's suffering.

Now for a completely different thing, I read in another thread about Flagyl. Got back my pills today. Ordered thirty of them but then I saw that it would take two tablets three times a day for ten days? My thirty tablets is sufficient only for five days then? Should I ignore them or to give it a try?

Grateful if you have answers to my questions.

KeepTrying09
Sheriff

Post by KeepTrying09 »

Hey Mimmi,

I don't think it would hurt to give the Flagyl a try. Flagyl is just the brand name of Metronidazole, which is the antibiotic I mentioned awhile back. You mentioned something about taking 2 tablets three times a day. I just wanted to ask you, are you taking 200mg or 400mg tablets?

Also, it's important that both during and after your treatment you are taking probiotic supplements. I assume you live in Europe (just because of the way you spelled antibiotic in your post). If i'm correct, then they have a really good brand of probiotic in Europe called VSL#3. It has 450 billion CFU per dose, which is massive!

Anyway, good luck with whatever you decide. :)
mimmi

Hello

Post by mimmi »

What fun that you reply in my thread :P
The tablets are 250 mg, I have thirty tablets. What should I do? They are not sufficient for ten days = (

Is good that I am from Europe :P

Thanks for the information.

To call me doctor tomorrow and talk more with him about this with my h pylori
KeepTrying09
Sheriff

Re: Hello

Post by KeepTrying09 »

mimmi wrote:What fun that you reply in my thread :P
The tablets are 250 mg, I have thirty tablets. What should I do? They are not sufficient for ten days = (

Is good that I am from Europe :P

Thanks for the information.

To call me doctor tomorrow and talk more with him about this with my h pylori
10 days is not the absolute number of days you have to take it. In fact if you read the patient information leaflet that comes inside the box of Flagyl, it says to take it anywhere between 5-10 days depending on the severity of the infection. So if you had a minor infection then 5 days might be enough to clear it up, especially since you are planning on taking 1,500mg per day! That's really a high dosage in my opinion.

But since you are going to speak to your doctor tomorrow, I think it's best that you get his opinion on the matter.
mimmi

hello

Post by mimmi »

Okay, now it feels much better. Thank you so much for the information :P
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic