Page 1 of 1
candida testing
Posted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:45 pm
by macks86
hello
does anyone know the name of the candida test? i went to my doctor to ask for one and she didnt know th especific name of it, asked me to ask my nutritionist. just wondering if anyone knew?
am in the uk
cheers
Posted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:50 pm
by meowkity1
God how many dumbass docs are there.
I just want treatment
Re: candida testing
Posted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:52 pm
by KeepTrying09
macks86 wrote:hello
does anyone know the name of the candida test?
Hey Macks86,
It's not surprising that your doctor didn't know the name of the Candida tests. To most Western doctors, Candida is like the Loch Ness Monster, a myth. They have no idea about Candida, how to test for it, or how to treat it for that matter. Apparently modern doctors haven't figured out how to use google yet.
Anyway, there are four major tests that can detect Candida:
1.) Stool candida culture: Checks a stool sample for the presence of candida.
2.) Serum candida antigen titer test: Blood test that measures the concentration (titer) of candida antigens.
3.) Serum candida antibody tests: Tests for IgG, IgM, and IgA, which at high levels could indicate candidiasis.
4.) Finally your doctor can do a direct biopsy of tissue (like in my post, the doctor saw the white patches in my esophagus and took samples of it to send to the lab for testing). Of course this would only work if your doctor took samples of tissue where there is a suspected Candida infection.
There are also saliva tests as well, but the tests above are the major ones. Hope this helps

Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:25 am
by thf
I just recently tested positive for candida, my test was a cultrual of what I heck up after I raise my sinuses. But of course my ent is downplaying the whole candida issue (he said "it could not be the cause of my nasal/bad breath, everybody has it", dumb a**), he put me on difulcan but the lowest dose. He mention there is a antifungal nasal raise, but he does not want to give it to me. So on Monday I'm going back to my gasto dr and let him test me again and hopefully I can get treated correctly.
Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:12 am
by KeepTrying09
thf wrote:I just recently tested positive for candida, my test was a cultrual of what I heck up after I raise my sinuses. But of course my ent is downplaying the whole candida issue (he said "it could not be the cause of my nasal/bad breath, everybody has it", dumb a**), he put me on difulcan but the lowest dose. He mention there is a antifungal nasal raise, but he does not want to give it to me. So on Monday I'm going back to my gasto dr and let him test me again and hopefully I can get treated correctly.
Wow, that's so great thf! I'm glad you found out that you have a Candida infection. Knowing is half the battle in fighting bad breath!
It would be such a help to all of us if you could post pics of your test results here on this forum showing that it was indeed Candida. Pictures are worth a thousand words, and I know the more evidence we get of Candida, the more doctors will
HAVE to start taking us seriously!
Thank you so much for your post, congrats, and good luck on Monday!

Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:14 pm
by Snobuni
thf,
Congratulations on actually getting a doctor to admit that candida can be a problem without you being immuno-compromised, even if he was reluctant to treat you.
What dosage of diflucan has he put you on, and for how long? Also what is a nasal raise, and how is it treated?
I'm convinced I have a candida problem, but judging by the responses others have been getting from doctors, it seems unlikely that I'd be taken seriously if I went to seek help. I'm therefore considering self medicating with antifungals if I can get hold of any. Maybe dangerous, I know, but at this stage I'm prepared to take that risk.
Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:16 pm
by Snobuni
Oh, hang on,
thf, did you mean nasal rinse?

Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:44 pm
by thf
Snobuni,
Unfortunately my ent is not admitting candida could be the cause of my problem, which is why I have to go back to my gasto to hopefully get help. He did put me on only 50mg of difulcan for 10 days, the lowest dose out there, he told me about the antifungal, nasal "rinse" but did not want to put me on it (nice guy but not very bright), it's so obvious to me... the culture from my snot and spit is positive for candida, and he's just not convinced that's the cause of my nasal and breath odor... whatever!!!!
Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:26 am
by wnaysha
thf wrote:
Unfortunately my ent is not admitting candida could be the cause of my problem, ..... he's just not convinced that's the cause of my nasal and breath odor... whatever!!!!
thf,
I was reading my chemistry book a few months back, and came across a very good piece of info, and you can also find it by doing a simple google search,
Its how sugars and things we eat change to aldehydes(strong unpleaseand odor) with the help of candida,
I found it from wikepedia, it explains it clearly, infact you'll see a chemical equation showing what happens, if you take that and keeptrying09's candida pictures, and how he was cured, I'm sure any doctor would agree to it,
I have explained this whole process earlier, I can find it, i just need to look for it a lil bit.
I dont know about u, but if i do spend my money n make an appt with a doctor, I will definitely go there with proof.
Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:42 pm
by thf
Thanks Wnaysha, you're right I need to go in with info to prove what I'm saying. I'm also hoping my gasto dr is more informed about candida than my ent.