THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

pls, need urgent help-how to remove tonsil stones

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
chubbygirl
Junior
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:24 am

pls, need urgent help-how to remove tonsil stones

Post by chubbygirl »

help please.

i found a small tonsil stone stuck on my left tonsil.

when i had it checked, the dr said my tonsils looked normal (though they're obviously not as i have a tonsil stone stuck there!)

i tried removing it with a q-tip but i only succeeded in making myself bleed and gag.

how do i remove it? i need to go somewhere tonight and i don't even wanna go out of the house!!! it's small, the size of a ballpen point. it seems embedded into the tonsil

and what could i use for the meantime, just to mask the smell and get me through four hours outdoors?

i'm planning to get a tonsillectomy but i can't at this time. next month perhaps.

any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks so much
multiple causes
Newbie
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:43 pm

Post by multiple causes »

I don't think you can get rid of them that's why I had my tonsils removed. The best you can do for now is gargle with mouthwash with your head tilted way back.
hope4now
Master
Posts: 222
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:32 am
Gender:

Post by hope4now »

One thing you can try is a dental syringe like this one.

I use it in the morning to flush out the tonsils with warm water. It's trial and error, but it usually gets out some stones if there are any there. If you do it wrong, it can cause pain or bleeding, so be careful.

I've also been using a neti pot like this one at night to flush out the sinuses with saline solution. When I do that, I almost never see any stones in the morning. I'm not sure if it's because it's flushing them out or what. It's kind of a mystery why they form but I think the sinuses are connected to the tonsils.
gordongekko
Newbie
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:07 am

Post by gordongekko »

Once you remove your tonsils do they ever come back?
George80
Junior
Posts: 96
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:28 pm

Post by George80 »

Check out this device:
http://www.gassner-design.de/ghshop/pro ... 8db09f821b
You create a slight vacum to suck out the stones. Was invented decades ago by a alternative doc from Germany. From what I know, they offer shippings.
I have it myself and it's quite good.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗