Page 1 of 1
Bad Breath Report: Chew food properly, avoid BB 17/Dec/09
Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:29 am
by KeepTrying09
This post has been moved offsite.
Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:35 pm
by meowkity1
For sure. Eating is like a chore sometimes. And I always drink while i eat, but there have been plenty of times where I had to stop myself and say you better chew that meat better. Because i used to just chew it enough so that i could swalllow it.
Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:38 pm
by meowkity1
I need to get it together I ate some spagheti today and practically just swallowed it because it ws so soft
Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:49 pm
by KeepTrying09
meowkity1 wrote:For sure. Eating is like a chore sometimes. And I always drink while i eat, but there have been plenty of times where I had to stop myself and say you better chew that meat better. Because i used to just chew it enough so that i could swalllow it.
Hey MeowKity,
I used to do the exact same thing! I alway drank a ton of water while I was eating (because I thought somehow that would make my breath better). Later I found out that drinking water during your meals can interfere with your digestion because it dilutes your stomach acid, hence lessening your digestive ability. Pair that with not chewing properly and I'm sure my food was passing into my intestines undigested! I am sure this played a part in my Candida infection as well as my poor digestion.
Now, I chew my food until it is like liquid in my mouth, then I swallow. I don't really count the number of times, I just make sure the food is like liquid before I swallow it. Also, I don't drink anything 30 minutes before a meal, or 1 hour to 1 hour and 30 minutes after a meal. Sometimes I will just take a little sip of water after my meal, just to rinse any leftover food out of my mouth and to moisten my esophagus, but only a small sip.
Also, I will chew a piece of sugar-free gum after my meal, just to keep the saliva flowing. Otherwise my mouth will get all dried out and it will feel nasty.
Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:46 pm
by deebas
i know what you mean.. i often swallow as an automatic reaction when i am chewing and it feels like i have swallowed food that hasn't been chewed enough..
i feel this often now as i have esophagus reflux...
lately i have been thinking about trying a diet of baby food for a few weeks to see if this can give my stomach a break.... sounds extreme but the bb is getting to extreme levels
Posted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:12 pm
by KeepTrying09
This post has been moved offsite.