THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

wisdom tooth healing process and bb

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
User avatar
terranpatriot
Advanced
Posts: 133
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:19 am
Location: East Coast, USA

wisdom tooth healing process and bb

Post by terranpatriot »

I was wondering if there was anyone out here that has been cured through impacted wisdom tooth extraction and who can explain to me what the process was like in regards to their BB in the immediate weeks following the extraction? Increases/decreases/ups/downs whatever
iva
Master
Posts: 295
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:26 pm

Post by iva »

This forum is so full of information of all kinds, I wonder why newcomers usually don`t bother to do some reading and find some answers for themselves....
User avatar
terranpatriot
Advanced
Posts: 133
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:19 am
Location: East Coast, USA

Post by terranpatriot »

iva wrote:This forum is so full of information of all kinds, I wonder why newcomers usually don`t bother to do some reading and find some answers for themselves....
It sure yes...filled with all types of different information. so much information that you don't know what to believe or what to follow. i've read a lot of posts and done a lot of research, but i was looking to have some info laid out in front of me by posting this question anew. Please don't sit there and judge or blame another BB sufferer for trying to make his search easier.
User avatar
terranpatriot
Advanced
Posts: 133
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:19 am
Location: East Coast, USA

Post by terranpatriot »

Just wanted to give everyone an update on the state of my BB after having my two bottom impacted wisdom teeth removed earlier this week (Monday the 7th). Since the surgery, I have been prescribed antibiotics and haven't smoked a single cigarette.

My BB is still not 100% gone, although it has been greatly reduced. I am not sure if this is due to the antibiotics, my vegetarian/liquid diet (since surgery), or other factors. The healing process has been very slow for me, as I am still experiencing aching pain throughout my head and face, especially in my mouth. I am still unable to eat solid, chewy foods.

I have noticed that the structure of my mouth, in regards to my bite, has changed in the short period of time since the surgery. My bottom row of teeth is now more snugly fit under the top row. My overbite looks more normal, kind of like those clay models you see at the dentists' offices. The back of my tongue is now farther back my throat, so much as to where I have to make an effort to open wide and extend my tongue out to view the back when examining for coating. This was not the case before, as the back of my tongue used to be clearly visible when I opened my mouth. My tongue has also improved in color and texture, and coating has been greatly reduced. Although it may not be 100% rosy red, it is in no way white or unhealthy looking. The back of my tongue looks a lot better.

Furthermore, the reactions from people have been far more positive. I don't think I have seen one "nose to the face" reaction since the extraction. I still try my best to keep a slight distance, but when people enter my bubble and I am forced to speak, I am not met with the typical uncomfortable reaction that I am usually met with. This includes the car, work, among other places. This is a positive sign. Nonetheless, I am trying not to get my hopes up too much until the healing process is complete. Also, although the reactions have improved tremendously, I still have a small, very slight, taste in the back of my throat. I don't know if it's psychological or not. I am still experiencing anxiety whenever anyone gets too close. However, the lack of negative reactions tends to calm me a little. BB is extremely traumatizing and hopefully I can shed this habit of claustrophobic nervousness over time.

Lastly, I still suffer from PND. I suspect that if it was not for PND, the extraction would have cured my BB altogether. However, I still have tendencies to hawk up mucus from the back of my throat. I have quit smoking and began a regular cardio routine (which I observed causes my nose to run out through the front of my nostrils). I am severely allergic to dust, mildew, and mold, among other things. I hope that I can alleviate this PND through allergy medications and consistent, vigorous cardio. I may also consider a Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery (FESS) after my mouth is fully healed. I am also hoping that the cessation of smoking while help restore my sinus and lung cilia movement/function in the coming months, and allow proper drainage. It must be noted however that my nasal odor is completely non-existent at this point. Then again, I am not sure if it existed before, as I may have just been another extremely paranoid BB sufferer. One thing I am certain of is that it does not exist at this point in time, and that may be attributed to the extraction.

I believe my allergies/nasal conditions are largely contributory to my BB. The first reason being my PND. Secondly, my inability to breathe freely through my nose forces me to breath through my mouth, causing dry mouth and consequently BB. I believe that half of my BB problem has been tackled through the wisdom teeth extraction, but now I must move forward in these aspects to cure the whole problem. Like others have realized, I now see that BB is nothing but a condition caused by a "perfect storm" of circumstances. These circumstances and other conditions may vary from individual to individual. However, it is a combination of multiple issues that creates an environment that is conducive to bad breath. One must learn to recognize these factors and tackle them one by one.
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

Hi there, plenty of feedback but most of it is pointless mentioning while you are on antibiotics as it might ALL be down to that fact alone. But I hope not and well done for taking this step of removing those pointless and potentially troublesome wisdom teeth.

I hope I dont offend you by saying this, but there is only one way to know whether you have bad breath or not and that is to have it confirmed by someone you trust. Otherwise you'll forever be going round in circles of madness wondering.

You have to understand that once we've established that we have a breath problem, something happens inside our brains like a psychological latching effect that is very hard to release from. I think its a very similar mechanism to the distorted view that anorexic people have developed in themselves. Had we never been made conscious of our BB we wouldnt start fixating on the look or the taste at the back of our tongues. It IS normal to have some odour, some coating, some bad tastes back there, but because we are so traumatized and terrified we become paranoid with it all.

If I may give you some advice, you should wait for a month or so, dont do anything with your nose or your allergies for the time being, and then ask as many people as you can for feedback on your breath, and then take it from there with any measures that are needed with your catarrh/pnd issues you think you have.

Best of luck with your outcome.
iva
Master
Posts: 295
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:26 pm

Post by iva »

It sure yes...filled with all types of different information. so much information that you don't know what to believe or what to follow. i've read a lot of posts and done a lot of research, but i was looking to have some info laid out in front of me by posting this question anew. Please don't sit there and judge or blame another BB sufferer for trying to make his search easier.[/quote]

Obviously you have read a lot of the posts and I apologize, it`s just that your question sounded like the questions of so many newcomers that do not bother to read at all...
User avatar
terranpatriot
Advanced
Posts: 133
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:19 am
Location: East Coast, USA

Post by terranpatriot »

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to drop in another update on the state of my wisdom teeth healing and my BB.

I had 2 bottom impacted wisdom teeth removed Dec. 7th. I was on antibiotics for a little over a week after the surgery and my BB was greatly reduced during this period (I'd say about 70%). However, I was heartbroken when my BB slowly came back after my course of antibiotics had run out.

I have also been very depressed while reading the posts of people like Halitosisux and Cured, who implied that they had noticed positive results immediately after extraction. Both of them described a feeling of "knowing" that they had found the culprit very early on after the extraction. This was not the case for me. As time went on, I grew more and more discouraged that my wisdom teeth were behind my BB and began to think about my next step in searching for a cure.

During the past few days, however, I have been noticing differences. Today, almost a month after the surgery, I noticed that one of my wisdom teeth "holes" has patched itself up, and that the other is almost closed as well (although not completely). I have also noticed that the color of my tongue is rosy pink. My tongue is in so much better shape. My BB has gone down drastically, although it is not completely gone. Perhaps I am still suffering a great deal of haliphobia (which has consumed my life for the past 8 years). I am confident though that my BB has been greatly reduced. I am hoping that the healing process will only yield more positive results as it goes forward, and that my BB will be gone within a few weeks when the other hole is completely closed.

I am also getting a hold of some fluconazole within a week, and I will be taking that as well. Time to banish this beast for good!
User avatar
KeepTrying09
Sheriff
Posts: 463
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:14 pm
Location: Thailand

Post by KeepTrying09 »

terranpatriot wrote:During the past few days, however, I have been noticing differences. Today, almost a month after the surgery, I noticed that one of my wisdom teeth "holes" has patched itself up, and that the other is almost closed as well (although not completely). I have also noticed that the color of my tongue is rosy pink. My tongue is in so much better shape. My BB has gone down drastically, although it is not completely gone. Perhaps I am still suffering a great deal of haliphobia (which has consumed my life for the past 8 years). I am confident though that my BB has been greatly reduced. I am hoping that the healing process will only yield more positive results as it goes forward, and that my BB will be gone within a few weeks when the other hole is completely closed.

I am also getting a hold of some fluconazole within a week, and I will be taking that as well. Time to banish this beast for good!
Hey TP,

Congrats on reducing your bad breath with the wisdom teeth extraction! :D

I totally understand where you are coming from about the halitophobia thing. When I was cured of bad breath, I still felt unsure. I mean, I had suffered with bb for perhaps 17 years, 10 years of which I was aware of it. The whole fear of having bad breath just doesn't disappear over night. It took a long time for me to feel comfortable and confident that my bad breath was truly gone.

Just give it some time and patience, and you will soon be living a carefree life again! :D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗