Page 1 of 1

fingernails stink when I bite em

Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:34 am
by seanlee1980
Does your fingernail smell when you bite em? Mine does. Very odd.

Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:08 pm
by KeepTrying09
Do you have nail fungus?

Other than that it could just be that you are smelling your saliva when you are biting your nails.

Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:46 pm
by seanlee1980
No nail fungus. Just the reaction of my saliva and cut nail seems to produce the smell.

Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:50 pm
by KeepTrying09
seanlee1980 wrote:No nail fungus. Just the reaction of my saliva and cut nail seems to produce the smell.
No idea then. I know that nobodies saliva smells like roses, so maybe you are just smelling your own saliva.

Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:59 pm
by vilenin89
same here. i always wondered if it was bb salvia or dead skin cells and something like tmau causing the odor, but since my condition has improved lately i'm not sure. could also be some nasty dirt and grim and bacteria under there, that can't be hygienic.

Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:35 am
by Tony818
try cutting ur nails with a nail clipper and compare the difference

Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:02 am
by KeepTrying09
LOL, yeah, i'd say nail clippers would be a bit more hygienic.

About this whole nail biting anyway, I used to bite my nails all the time, up until maybe my mid twenties.

I wonder if there's a correlation between nail biting and bad breath. I mean, it can't be good to be getting all those germs and bacteria that are under your nails in your mouth.