I'm about to be a dental assistant..any tips on how to deal with co-workers or dentists who may have prejudgments(of course) about my breath?
How do you guys deal with your co-workers and family ignorant comments or gestures?plz help
THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
People at work
Re: People at work
ANYBODY?????Daisylady wrote:I'm about to be a dental assistant..any tips on how to deal with co-workers or dentists who may have prejudgments(of course) about my breath?
How do you guys deal with your co-workers and family ignorant comments or gestures?plz help
Daisylady,
I don't know how much advice I can give you, but I can give you a shitload of props. Not only are you doing what you (presumably) want to do, but in a profession where the irony of having bb is tenfold. Good for you.
As far as giving you advice, here's what i know about dental offices: you wear a mask part of the time (which is good), you show people how to brush their teeth (which gives you an excuse to brush), and you're around hygiene utensils constantly...all of these benefits work in your favor, so use them.
I wish I knew what to tell you about the comments and reactions. Just try your hardest to ignore them, and keep a positive attitude.
Lastly, I should tell you that I've been using a new product, and it has been helping me a lot, I believe. However, since it seems no one can mention new products on here without being burned at the stake (lately) and accused of spammery, then just send me a PM if you want to know what it is.
Good lucky Daisy.
I don't know how much advice I can give you, but I can give you a shitload of props. Not only are you doing what you (presumably) want to do, but in a profession where the irony of having bb is tenfold. Good for you.
As far as giving you advice, here's what i know about dental offices: you wear a mask part of the time (which is good), you show people how to brush their teeth (which gives you an excuse to brush), and you're around hygiene utensils constantly...all of these benefits work in your favor, so use them.
I wish I knew what to tell you about the comments and reactions. Just try your hardest to ignore them, and keep a positive attitude.
Lastly, I should tell you that I've been using a new product, and it has been helping me a lot, I believe. However, since it seems no one can mention new products on here without being burned at the stake (lately) and accused of spammery, then just send me a PM if you want to know what it is.
Good lucky Daisy.
-
daveparker
- Advanced
- Posts: 108
- Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 7:10 am
Re: People at work
Dont you assistants wear those white dental face masks, should be good for hiding you BB problem.Daisylady wrote:I'm about to be a dental assistant..any tips on how to deal with co-workers or dentists who may have prejudgments(of course) about my breath?
How do you guys deal with your co-workers and family ignorant comments or gestures?plz help
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.