SM was on sale at Target this week for 8.99. I am trying it, but it is hard to know if it is working because I do not have anyone reliable to ask that I see everyday. I met up with friends yesterday and no one made a face so I was feeling pretty good about it, but who knows - they my have been just being nice.
I notice that some foods taste wierd now, so I know it is doing something. I do not smell any morning breath which is good.
I know some of you on here have tried it - what were some of your experiences???
THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
Smart Mouth
-
girlie girl
- Advanced
- Posts: 157
- Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:44 pm
- Location: United States
Can New Mouthwashes Really Take Bad Breath Away?
Posted by: Dr. Mercola
June 05 2008 | 37,877 views
The primary ingredient in a relatively new class of mouthwashes with clinical-sounding names such as TheraBreath, Oxyfresh, CloSYS and ProFresh is sodium chlorite, also known as stabilized chlorine dioxide. These rinses claim to freshen breath for up to six hours. But one independent study found that sodium chlorite rinses actually worked for anywhere from four to 42 minutes.
The products change the chemical composition of odiferous gases so they no longer smell. However, the underlying bacteria remain potent and continue producing odors.
Some mouthwashes have attempted to go further. SmartMouth uses sodium chlorite mixed with zinc chloride. The zinc ions find the bacteria that produce rancid gases, then block amino-acid receptor sites so the bacteria cannot produce gas. Another brand, Biotene, contains two enzymes that break down the biofilm and put the mouth bacteria into a healthy balance.
Even the most effective products, however, will not help people with extremely bad oral hygiene.
Posted by: Dr. Mercola
June 05 2008 | 37,877 views
The primary ingredient in a relatively new class of mouthwashes with clinical-sounding names such as TheraBreath, Oxyfresh, CloSYS and ProFresh is sodium chlorite, also known as stabilized chlorine dioxide. These rinses claim to freshen breath for up to six hours. But one independent study found that sodium chlorite rinses actually worked for anywhere from four to 42 minutes.
The products change the chemical composition of odiferous gases so they no longer smell. However, the underlying bacteria remain potent and continue producing odors.
Some mouthwashes have attempted to go further. SmartMouth uses sodium chlorite mixed with zinc chloride. The zinc ions find the bacteria that produce rancid gases, then block amino-acid receptor sites so the bacteria cannot produce gas. Another brand, Biotene, contains two enzymes that break down the biofilm and put the mouth bacteria into a healthy balance.
Even the most effective products, however, will not help people with extremely bad oral hygiene.
Warning
Don't even try this product if you have issues with your Liver. I have hepatitis B and this mouth wash sent me to the hospital after 4days of using it.
I was surprised that a mouth wash that i am not swallowing could cause that much damage to my liver. That explains the numerous complain of itching after the use of this product. (Check some of the bad reviews about this product on amazon.).
I may have to take this people to court for not warning me about this.
Don't even try this product if you have issues with your Liver. I have hepatitis B and this mouth wash sent me to the hospital after 4days of using it.
I was surprised that a mouth wash that i am not swallowing could cause that much damage to my liver. That explains the numerous complain of itching after the use of this product. (Check some of the bad reviews about this product on amazon.).
I may have to take this people to court for not warning me about this.
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.