Page 1 of 1
Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:57 pm
by OneDay111
Squeeze your tonsil does it smell? if so you should proceed with tonsillitis, if not then its up 2 u.
bb
Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:05 pm
by exume
your lucky mines smells like shit
Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:45 am
by hoping
Oneday111, my nasal odor changes from time to time...for instance, today smells like old grease and tomorrow can smell like garlic (I don't eat garlic). Other odor include fecal, sour, rose, salty, and sweat.
I have tonsil stones but they smell like saliva.
Did you have the above mentioned different kinds of odor before you removed your tonsils?
BTW, taking fluconazole did help a lot on my nasal odor.
Thanks.
Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:17 am
by bb_girl
Wow, that's great! I hope it won't be too painful for you! Did you tell your doctor you want your tonsils out because of bad breath? If so, how did he react? My doctor doesn't recommend getting it out because he says the pain after the surgery is painful. I think I rather go through that than have BB but still thinking about it...
Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:40 pm
by OneDay111
hoping wrote:Oneday111, my nasal odor changes from time to time...for instance, today smells like old grease and tomorrow can smell like garlic (I don't eat garlic). Other odor include fecal, sour, rose, salty, and sweat.
Ok to be honest with you, I think u have some halitiphobia which is cause its unlikely that soo many different smells are being emmited. I think you should just ignore them and just say your nose stinks.
All i can think of is try nasal irrigation if you dont know what that is then click forum at the top and go on sticky begginers guide, you can try the other possible cures in there to, if you still dont understand PM me or post back

Cuase it sounds like you have clean tonsils.
I manged to reach stage 3 jala neti.
Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:41 pm
by OneDay111
bb_girl wrote:Wow, that's great! I hope it won't be too painful for you! Did you tell your doctor you want your tonsils out because of bad breath? If so, how did he react? My doctor doesn't recommend getting it out because he says the pain after the surgery is painful. I think I rather go through that than have BB but still thinking about it...
Are you from England? If so are you going via NHS?
Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:01 am
by halitosisux
Hoping, read this:-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olfactory# ... _olfaction
Also if I remember correctly, trimethylamine (and other related chemicals produced in the gut) in very low quantities, is described as smelling of some of the odours you've mentioned. This might provide you with some clues as to what's happening in your case.
Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:32 am
by bhd
keep us updated
Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:37 am
by rexona
hi ! which tonsil are you talking about , nose,or in mouth?
good luck with the oparation.