Page 1 of 1

just saw dentist

Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:22 am
by TIRED
I switched to a dentist that takes a more holistic/natural approach to dentistry to ask about getting my amalgam fillings removed. We spoke for a half hour and she thinks my problem with bb and everything else (pnd, acid reflux,yeast) is systemic. Tomorrow I go back and give her some hair for a hair analysis ($320). In two weeks they will tell me what I am deficient in and/or what toxins I have. She recommended colonics so I have an appt. for that tomorrow too. She thought I might have leaky gut. I think she could smell my breath because it looked as though she was making a face. This dentist said that there is no reason that we cannot find the reason and the cure for this - FINALLY someone who is confident and seems to know her stuff. The colonics lady was equally nice and confident on the phone. She too had candida for many years. She said a boyfriend was unfaithful and kept infecting her. The colonics cost $200 for four times - not too bad.

Getting my amalgam removed will be costly - about $4500 or so - i have 5 fillings. maybe I will just be deficient in something (maybe selenium or potassium) and I will not need to get rid of these things right away. Maybe I will just get rid of them one at a time. She says I need to most likely get healthy first so that my system will not absorb the mercury when we remove them. She said if I am unhealthy my gums will absorb the mercury and my body will not get rid of it like a normal body would.

I will keep you posted...

Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:49 am
by KeepTrying09
Hey TIRED,

You mentioned you were going to have colonics done. I just want to give my experience with colonics....

Before I found out I had Candida, Colonics were one of the things I tried to cure my bad breath. I went to this colonic therapy spa in Thailand. It's like the most luxurious colonic spa in Thailand. I felt like I was in a 5 star hotel! Of course, the price reflected this. For my first treatment, I paid about $78 (they had a first timers special discount). I came back three times after my first treatment, and paid $100 for each visit. So the total cost was almost $400 for 4 treatments. But they also had some package deals, but I didn't buy those.

About the actual treatment process, below is a picture of the table that you lay on during the process.

Image

So you are laying on this table, and underneath your bottom there is a hole where all of your "waste" will go as you are having this treatment. There is a big clear plastic tube that is connected to this hole, and the tube runs along the floor beside your table, so you can actually see all the "waste" that is leaving your body.

The big machine that you see on the wall is the water pumping machine. They use UV filtered water, supposedly it's more hygienic. You place this very tiny plastic tube which is connected to the water pumping machine into your bottom. Then you cover yourself with a blanket, and the nurse comes into the room and turns on the water pumping machine. The whole treatment lasts for about 45 minutes. The nurse tells you to try and hold as much water in your large intestines as you can, and when you feel like you can't hold it anymore, to release it. Also, the nurse will come into the room periodically during the 45 minute treatment and massage your stomach. They say this helps you to release more "waste".

Anyway, I don't know about anyone else, but I was not comfortable with having the nurse come into the room and massage my stomach while I was pooing. There are some things that I just don't want to do in front of other people, and pooing is one of them. Actually I think having the nurse massage my stomach was counterproductive because while she was in the room, I didn't want to release any of the water that was being pumped up inside my intestines, so I held it in, which is not really good for you I guess.

But the actual treatment overall was a nice experience. They play relaxing music during the whole process, and they have aroma therapy oils burning in the room. Oh yeah, and they put a heating pad over your stomach during the treatment. They say that this helps the process too.

After the treatment is finished, the nurse actually brings you a probiotic supplement, because they say that colonics will clear out not only the bad bacteria from your intestines, but also the good bacteria, so they give you a probiotic supplement to get some good bacteria back in your gut.

So what was the outcome? Well, I did feel "lighter" each time I had a colonic done. And my tummy was flatter. I felt pretty good, but I still had bad breath. The colonics did absolutely nothing to help my bad breath problem. So after 4 treatments I decided to stop going. It was just getting too expensive and it wasn't helping with the one thing I wanted it to help with.

Re: just saw dentist

Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:21 am
by KeepTrying09
TIRED wrote:Getting my amalgam removed will be costly - about $4500 or so - i have 5 fillings.
:o OMG are you serious! $4,500 to remove your amalgam fillings! I think you could fly here to Thailand, have your filings removed, stay in a nice hotel, and then fly back home for like half that price.

Seriously, you should consider it....Medical costs are so much cheaper here and the quality is superb.

Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:11 am
by caramiamine98
Hi Tired,
Does your insurance cover that? If not, you may want to shop around. I had 4 fillings removed for around $700 CAD. My dentist was not a holistic one per se but he did use a dental dam so I wouldn’t swallow any of the mercury during removal. I also took activated charcoal before and after to absorb any residual mercury. I suffered no ill effects from it.

I’ve heard good things about colonics but have never had the nerve to try one. Too much of a chicken. Anyway, good luck with everything.