Page 1 of 1

Cut Out Caffeine

Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:59 pm
by asd
When I posted my cured thread, I was somewhat worried about tempting fate. Ironically I had an episode of BB soon after. Then reading someone else's post, they mentioned caffeine and GERD. Bang it hit me, I hadn't drank tea (my only source of caffeine) since christmas, and I hd been completely clear. Then this last week I bought some teabags, and lo and behold I had some episodes of BB.

So caffeine is gone.

Everyone try it, few weeks of zero caffeine see what happens.

I have been a religious caffeinated tea drinker all my life, so have never had a chance to break the consumption pattern.

Caffeine is one of my triggers.

I am cured, and have identified my last trigger.

Posted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:43 am
by hope4now
How about alcohol?

Posted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:39 pm
by asd
fine on alcohol.

Posted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:24 pm
by NOTANYMORE
Hey asd,

Thanks for the post! I think caffeine can be a trigger for many people. It can raise your blood pressure, exacerbate PND, increase anxiety (especially in social situations), and leave you dehydrated. ALL of these things can help to increase halitosis!

I'm very happy for you and wish you all the best.

NOTANYMORE.

Posted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:58 pm
by asd
I think its more than just that mate, it actually gives me stomach ache and bb just from having a cup of tea. I am drinking decaff now and am fine.

Think the caffeine triggers GERD.