Page 1 of 1

Hello all

Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:29 pm
by Clive
Hi all, I've just signed up here after viewing some of the messages for the past few days. I've suffered from halitosis for around two years now and am looking to find a cure as soon as possible.

First, I'd like to thank the person who set these boards up for having the guts to do so. Thanks to him/her, we now have the chance to discuss ways of curing this confidence-draining condition. I've been looking for a place like this on the internet.

It's good to see so many like-minded people who don't subscribe to the fairy tale of brushing four times a day and using extra strong alcohol-based mouthwash. I, like everyone else here, want to find a cure to bad breath - and by a cure, I mean that: a permanent solution, not just something that will get rid of the problem for a few hours. That might be alright in the mean-time, but it's not what we should be looking for in the long-term. I want to be like the majority of people who can talk close up to people while confident that their breath is odourless. I also want to move away from this situation in society where it is still seems acceptable to mock people with halitosis. Once upon a time, people suffering from mental retardation would be mocked, but the thought of that is now unthinkable. It should be similarly inappropriate to make fun of anyone with bad breath.

It's encouraging to see developments such as SMART technology, benzalkonium chloride and Lavoris. It's also very encouraging to hear that three members of the forum have been cured of their halitosis, and I'm very happy that they're able to enjoy new freedoms.

I'll be doing what I can to advance our cause - e-mailing Dr Katz and others and visiting the doctor soon.

Apologies for the rather long post, but I just wanted to introduce myself. :) I'll be posting here some more. Again, thanks to the person that created the forum - you've done us all a great deed.

Welcome

Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:06 am
by dravens
Welcome Clive :D I'm also kinda new here, I'll share your meanings.

/Dravens

Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:05 pm
by noptical
Welcome Clive!
I'm sure the cure in your case would be something easy since you are one of those that got halitosis at some point later in their lives and not since they were kids.

Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:25 pm
by Clive
Thanks for the welcomes, guys. I'm in the UK.

I noticed there was some criticism of Dr. Katz and TheraBreath on the forum. I'm a bit surprised as his products reduced my bad breath somewhat. This might be because (I'm almost certain) my bad breath comes from the layer on my tongue, and the chemicals in TheraBreath work to neutralise these; I'm not sure whether halitosis can originate from other sources. I've heard some people describe their breath as more fecal than sulphur-like, so this might suggest the cause of the problem lies elsewhere. What is less encouraging about Dr. Katz is that he claims his products are the 'only' way to effectively beat bad breath based on a daily regime; this is not what we're ultimately looking for, especially as it involves replacing regular toothpaste in daily oral hygiene.

The development of benzalkonium chloride does sound quite promising though - I think it's something we should look out for.

Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:54 pm
by waitingforrelief
Clive wrote:Thanks for the welcomes, guys. I'm in the UK.

I noticed there was some criticism of Dr. Katz and TheraBreath on the forum. I'm a bit surprised as his products reduced my bad breath somewhat. This might be because (I'm almost certain) my bad breath comes from the layer on my tongue, and the chemicals in TheraBreath work to neutralise these; I'm not sure whether halitosis can originate from other sources. I've heard some people describe their breath as more fecal than sulphur-like, so this might suggest the cause of the problem lies elsewhere. What is less encouraging about Dr. Katz is that he claims his products are the 'only' way to effectively beat bad breath based on a daily regime; this is not what we're ultimately looking for, especially as it involves replacing regular toothpaste in daily oral hygiene.

The development of benzalkonium chloride does sound quite promising though - I think it's something we should look out for.
hello clive, welcome.

katz's products helped me at first too. but then like eveyrthing else, it stopped working. also i'd like to point out that i didn't use to have fecal breath. my bb started as just a stale breath or something like a morning breath. over the years, the odor is getting more and more "complex". it's not until fairly recently that i started developing fecal breath as well.

i think maybe it does have something to do with toxins. as they build up, they produce more and more different kinds of gas. i am looking into candida as well (like austuser, i think). i have a lot of similar symptoms besides the breath. and there's a theory that most candida sufferers have leaky gut syndrome.

anyway i'll post about that on a different thread, but just wanted to say hi and welcome.