THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

I started Fluconazole

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
corrin
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am

I started Fluconazole

Post by corrin »

Hi guys, I just wanted to tell you that today i started my biozole treatment that will last for 14 days (thanks to KeepTryying :) ) I will post any changes that i notice in my breath along the way, and at the very end of my treatment. If you don't see any posts from me during the treatment, assume that my breath still smells bad.
hopeful
Master
Posts: 236
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:13 pm

Post by hopeful »

Hey Corrin,
Hope this works for you. Definitely keep us updated. It may help to update on the metro and biozole thread as well as that one seems to be updated quite often and has lots of readers. Good luck!
corrin
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am

Side effects (?)

Post by corrin »

Ok guys. I'm on my ninth day of biozole and I haven't noiced any changes in my breath yet. I just wanted to tell you that today my tongue feels weird. I don't know if it's from the fluconazole or the wellbutrin. When I first noticed it, my tongue felt kind of slimy, like my mouth was dry or something. But after I drunk water I realized that my mouth wasn't dry. That was around 1 o'clock this afternoon. It's about 7:08 pm now and I am starting to think that my tongue it slightly numb. The feeling hasn't decreased since I first noticed it. Any thoughts??
corrin
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am

I have bad news

Post by corrin »

I have bad news. I am NOT going to continue fluconazole. I was diognosed with lyme disease today and now I have to take something called Doxycycline HYC so that I can get rid of it (thank god it was caught early). Anyway I am so sorry to anyone who was looking forward to any changes in my breath. I guess as a last note I will say that my breath still smells bad, no change at all. I only had five more days to go :(
Renato
Junior
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:08 am

antibiotic

Post by Renato »

Hi Corrin, now since you are going to take this drug, which is derived from oxytetracyclin, you have the opportunity to confirm if your BB is due for overgrown of anerobic bacteria, and not for fungus.

Tetracyclins were so effective for me to stop BB when taken orally. But remember the bad bacteria will come back again since you are not takleing the cause of the bacteria overgrowth.

Hope you recover soon from the lyme disease.
corrin
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am

Post by corrin »

Really? How long was it effective for you?
User avatar
KeepTrying09
Sheriff
Posts: 463
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:14 pm
Location: Thailand

Post by KeepTrying09 »

Hey Corrin,

Wow, good thing they caught the lyme disease early on! That stuff can be fatal if left untreated!

Don't worry about having to stop the Fluconazole. In the grand scheme of things tackling lyme disease is like a million times more important!

Good luck to you. And let us know how you are doing.
Renato
Junior
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:08 am

Post by Renato »

Corrin, I used to take it for the time recommended, which is 5-7 days. During the time taking it I was BB free, but BB came back two days after stopping the treatment.
Doing this routine was effective sometime, but when taken so often, BB bacteria become resistant to it.

Interestingly, oral antibiotics worked for me, but not the I.V(intravenous) administered. It suggested me that my BB originated from overgrown bacteria in my digestive tract. However, I do not discard the esophagous and back of the throat, since I suffer of silent reflux.
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

Interesting observation there Renato. Might be worth finding out more on this correlation between intravenous antibiotics not having any effect on your BB. It might not be as simple as this, where its only because the tablet form passing through your digestive tract is able to have any effect on your digestive bacteria. But it just might, and if so its good way of confirming that your BB is directly related to your digestive processes, as opposed to typical dental or nasal problems. I mean this in general terms, not to you specifically
corrin
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am

Post by corrin »

Thanks for the info Renato. I actually have to take it for 30 days, twice a day. They're are 100 mg capsules, so hopefully i will see some improvement like you did. I am also looking forward to an improvement in my body odor, which I literaly have EVERYWHERE (scalp, armpits, vagina , feet, and general skin).
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗