Page 1 of 1
Does Cigarette causes bad breath or tooth decay ??
Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:55 am
by robsam
Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:37 pm
by OneDay111
Its like a catalyst to bade breath, it aids in bad breath but most probably not the cuase.
Posted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:44 am
by stuffysbb
i also smoke.. but i had bad breathe before that. so i kno its not the cause... i but also kno it dont help annyy
Posted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:42 am
by Susie
I had a friend who smoked, drank, had sinus issues and allergies and never once did I smell her breath.
Susie
Posted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:02 am
by KeepTrying09
Sorry to be blunt guys, but people who think that smoking or drinking don't contribute to bad breath are living in denial.
For chronic halitosis sufferers, maybe it's not the direct cause, but it surely doesn't help any. Just because other people can smoke or drink and not have bad breath, doesn't mean that those who do have bad breath should pick up the habit. If people with bad breath want to use that logic to justify their habits then that's fine, I just wouldn't expect any success in finding a cure with that line of reasoning.
Posted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:52 pm
by terranpatriot
KeepTrying09 wrote:Sorry to be blunt guys, but people who think that smoking or drinking don't contribute to bad breath are living in denial.
For chronic halitosis sufferers, maybe it's not the direct cause, but it surely doesn't help any. Just because other people can smoke or drink and not have bad breath, doesn't mean that those who do have bad breath should pick up the habit. If people with bad breath want to use that logic to justify their habits then that's fine, I just wouldn't expect any success in finding a cure with that line of reasoning.
I'd like to second this assessment. I have been a smoker for about 6 years. I've had BB for about 8. When I first got BB, i was still able to live a normal life for about 3 years. But the BB got progressively worse, and took over my personality making me more self-conscious. I used "smoking breaks" to socialize with other people. While with other people, I would also constantly mention how bad I needed a cigarette. This way, I was making sure it was known to everyone that I was a smoker, so that they would believe smoking to be the cause of my bad breath (something temporary that could be fixed, as opposed to an ever-lasting medical condition).
I have quit smoking for about 2 weeks now, and my BB has significantly improved. Smoking dries out your mouth, and messes up your saliva production and composition. Yeah, people who smoke a pack a day may not have BB, and yeah, you may have had BB prior to picking up this habit. However, this is irrelevant and does not give you an excuse or provide rationale to continue smoking. I know because I used to employ such reasoning. Stop smoking to increase saliva flow and the antibacterial quality of your saliva, and breathe through your nose whenever you can as opposed to your mouth. Try to make a conscious effort to breathe through your nose when you can.