Your Email Address:

First Name:

does anyone else here burp a lot?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
terranpatriot
Advanced
United States of America

does anyone else here burp a lot?

Post by terranpatriot »

I was wondering if anyone here experiences excessive or constant burping like I do. I have just noticed that I burp constantly throughout the day, way more than the average person. I'm talking about 3 burps an hour. Does anyone else share this problem?

terranpatriot
Advanced
United States of America

Post by terranpatriot »

scratch that. i've been counting my burps for the last three hours. i've bumped 19 times. I don't know if this has to do with what I've consumed. I've drank two cups of water and ate one meal.
carrie
Total Newbie

Post by carrie »

I burp a lot when I eat soy. Or anything carbonated.Have you tried doing an elimination diet to see if it's a certain food that's causing it?
Advanced
United States of America

Post by terranpatriot »

Hey Carrie,

I have not tried eliminating anything from my diet aside from dairy due to its effects on mucus production. I just noticed my excessive burping problem. I scheduled my first appointment with a gastroenterologist tomorrow morning (about 8 hours from now). The funny thing is that I've been suffering for about 8 years and this would be my first appointment with a gastroenterologist. I have been given samples of Nexium for acid reflux once by my MD but never took them. I hope to go in to my appointment tomorrow and be checked out for H. Pylori, acid reflux, and more importantly "bile reflux." I'll keep all updated.
KeepTrying09
Sheriff

Post by KeepTrying09 »

Hey TP,

Good luck with your gastroenterologist appointment. That's the doctor who found my cure, so I'm hoping he or she will be able to find the cause of your bb as well.

Try and see if you can get them to do an endoscopy on you. It might reveal some possible causes of bad breath.

Also, unless you specifically have problems with GERD/acid reflux, I would be cautious about taking PPI medications such as Nexium. PPI medications have been linked with bacterial or yeast imbalances in the intestines due to the reduction in stomach acid they cause.
terranpatriot
Advanced
United States of America

Post by terranpatriot »

hey KT,

Thank you for the support. I went in earlier this morning and told the GE the whole shpeel about how I've had chronic BB for 7 years and of my history with ENT's, allergists, sinus/nasal surgeries, and oral surgeries. I told him of my burping frequency and of other related symptoms I am experiencing and he told me that it sounded pretty obvious that I had reflux, absent the heartburn. I told him that I wanted tests done to check for acid reflux, H. Pylori, bile reflux, ulcers, and the existence of a hiatal hernia. He told me the endoscopy he would be conducting would test for all of those things. I scheduled an endoscopy for Monday, May 3rd.

Aside from that, I asked him if I could avoid PPIs if possible and go straight to Carafate. He was impressed at the depth of research but unfortunately didn't seem like he was going to give it to me. He said Carafate is often only used as a last resort if PPI's don't work. I've read nothing good about PPI's and I don't know how long I will have to take them until I can get prescribed to some Carafate. I am wondering if I should just bypass the doc (no pun intended :roll: ) and just obtain the Carafate online. Decisions, decisions.

Lastly, he gave me about 8 samples of a Yeast-based probiotic called "Saccharomyces Boulardii." I've yet to do research on this stuff.
KeepTrying09
Sheriff

Post by KeepTrying09 »

Hey, congrats on the good luck with your doctor! That's excellent that you will have an endoscopy done! Good luck with it.

In regards to taking PPIs or Carafate, I would wait until after your endoscopy to make your decision.

In regards to the Yeast-based probiotics, believe me i've read about them. They say that these types of probiotics are ok to take because it's a beneficial yeast and it's a different kind of yeast than Candida. They say that Saccharomyces Boulardii yeast actually competes with Candida in the intestines. Regardless, I have never taken these types of probiotics. Even though i've read they are ok to take, I just can't get over the fact that it's still yeast. After experiencing what I went through with Candida, I would prefer to never put any type of yeast in my body again. That's just my personal feelings though.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic